Oh my gosh. I have been so bad in keeping up with my blogging and blogs. I just haven't felt like typing much with everything still being insane at the job. I think I'll pull a Norris and just provide a list of random events or things that have caught my attention in the last month. I reserve the right to ramble on a few.
1) I've be
en enjoying Season 1 of Dexter
on DVD. The title character is a Miami blood forensics expert who moonlights as a serial killer with a twist. He's a killer of other serial killers. I admit it's an interesting dynamic since taking a human life is
wrong but at the same time he's taking the lives of those who takes other lives and slip through the system. Plus it's so cool seeing Lauren Velez in another television series. I still have fond memories of her from her New York Undercover days. That's really old school. I also keep hoping Erik King takes off his shirt one day and preferably just wearing briefs. Tight briefs. That brotha is so fine.
2) Has anyone heard of the ROM machine
? It claims that you can get a workout the equivalent of 45 minutes on the treadmill in just 4 minutes. I read an AD on the machine in Popular Mechanics, though I vaguely remember seeing the same AD a year ago in another magazine. If you click on the website, they'll send you a free 45 minute DVD or VHS tape on their machine. By the way, it only costs $14,615. They try to justify the cost when compared to long-term gym membership costs and time commitment required. I ordered the DVD, though I probably won't be buying a machine anytime soon. At least not with the way the economy is right now.
3) I went to see Janet Jackson in concert this past Thursday with Sally. Sally was using the concert as a last hurrah of sorts in light of her present financial situation. The concert was the bomb. The majority of the songs played was from her previous albums with a brief snippet of her recent song Feedback. I ran into Rock's bff Ned and his boyfriend NDrama
in the hallway while Sally was in the restroom. Of course they got seats near the stage but I wasn't complaining about my lower level seat, which actually gave a very good view of the stage. LL Cool J was her opening act. I was hoping to see a little skin from LL but he kept his shirt on. Overall it was a great concert....now getting out of the parking lot, that was another story.
4) I so need to get ready for my Hawaiian trip. I totally need to contact fellow blogger NeenaLove
to find out when we can hang out. Part of me hopes she can hang out with me during a luau, even though that's so touristy. And I need to buy a Spacebag
to see if those things really do hold more items in less space. I think I've talked about it before.
5) Any other kefir lovers out there? A co-worker of mine turned me on to the drink a year or so back. I remembered liking it that initial time but not really thinking much of it afterwards. So Hemingway in my continued quest to eat healthier (even though some days that falls to the wayside...*LOL*
), I read up on kefir and recalled drinking it before. The main benefit is that it provides good bacteria to your digestive tract, which helps improves digestion. It also helps in absorbing the necessary nutrients that your body needs. Plus it tastes so good. I've been drinking a glass every morning.
6) My one-year anniversary of owning my Nissan Altima is coming up
. I still enjoy driving it as much as the day I took it from the lot. I want to get it professionally cleaned soon. I saw the immediate benefits of doing so when cleaning up the Cavalier before giving it to my father and figured an annual cleaning wouldn't be so bad. Of course when I told my bff Eugene about doing that, he had to counter with why I don't do the same thing for my house. I should but sigh...*LOL*.
7) I'm looking forward to the newest Saw movie
coming out this Halloween. It seems to be an annual tradition now for those to come out. My only question is why is Lyriq Bent
, the fine ass brotha that was in Saw 2, 3, and 4 (especially his prominent role in 4
), not listed in the credits for 5? Hopefully he makes a cameo appearance and they are just hiding his name from the credits. After my fiasco last year with trying to see Saw IV with Eugene and the subsequent issues I had with Rock
, I think this year I'll opt again for seeing it on my own (like I wound up doing anyway
). Besides it's coming out the day after I get back from Hawaii.
8) I went to Detroit last weekend for Tasha's housewarming. I wound up getting her some Partylite candles and holders for her gift. I got to see a few of her friends and co-workers and it was interesting hearing how one of them said that Tasha talks about me all the time. A good interesting, of course. I must admit I was flattered. I got to see Trina as well when she came over after work. Of course I spent the rest of the weekend with the 'rents (heh
). Their cats had a bad case of fleas when I was in town last time but luckily the population is under control now.
9) What a mess this country finds itself in. With all this talk of the government bailing out Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and even the auto industry wanting to weigh in on getting help, my question is who's going to bail American out? I was wrapping up my workout (which I so needed
) at work and making my way home when the first presidential debate was airing. Luckily I was able to catch a transcript of the debate
from CNN's website. It was a shame I missed the historical debate between the two as from the way it read, it sounded really intense. I'm sure it'll be on Youtube soon. But I really looking forward to next week's vice presidential debate with Palin vs. Biden.
There was an interesting article from Washington Post columnist Kathleen Parker where in the last few
sentences she says in regards to Palin: "McCain can’t repudiate his choice for running mate. He not only risks the wrath of the GOP’s unforgiving base, but he invites others to second-guess his executive decision-making ability. Barack Obama faces the same problem with Biden.
Only Palin can save McCain, her party and the country she loves. She can bow out for personal reasons, perhaps because she wants to spend more time with her newborn. No one would criticize a mother who puts her family first.
Do it for your country." I wonder if that'll be bought up in the debate.
10) I can't think of a point 10....but thought I should have 10 points to make things even. (Although it looks like based on the labels assigned for this post, I've covered almost every category.)
Labels: family, friends, health, media, politics, rant, Rock, work