Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Brand New Baby

I finally went about and did it. I have a new car in my life. For years I've been driving the same Chevrolet model. I purchased the same model after my first one got totaled in 2000. My newer Cavalier has given me well over seven years of service. But since I've been driving the same car for over 11 years, I thought it was time for a change.

Anyone that knows me know that I've been talking about the change for a while now. But other things came up that delayed it. Second mortgage #1, new A/C and furnace, newer refi, slightly sucky credit. All these things stood in my way. But I finally took the plunge late September and purchased my new 2007 ride.

The color Pebble Beach wasn't my first choice, but I liked the way it's overly equipped Super Black cousin handled. Plus thanks to Car Bargains and Fighting Chance websites, I was able to get a pretty decent deal. I say decent because the dealer still managed to get a couple hundred dollars more out of me than I should've allowed. But you know that hindsight, foresight crap. But it was a better deal than I likely would've gotten on my own. I recommend those looking for a new car try the services out. Car bargains actually calls several dealers in the area scouring for the best deal. Fighting Chance gives you the lowdown on the car you want and statistics on how they've sold as well as invoice and retail prices on the standard model and its options. But enough free advertising...*LOL*.

Rock even drove me down to the dealership of my choice on his way to see his folks. So it was great having that extra support. It took almost four hours but I drove out of there with my brand new baby. Any guesses on the model? Here are a few pics.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Soldier said...

awwwww E, you're a proud parent !!! that's so cute !

boy, how come we havent spoken in decades ??? u're never on yahoo !!!!

I even updated my blog and errrthing lol

11:15 PM, October 10, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Jones said...

Nice.

10:17 AM, October 11, 2007  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

It'as a Nissan Altima 3.5SE with 270 horsepower and 258lbs/ft of torque.


Welcome to the Nissan Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:38 AM, October 11, 2007  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

nice, i likes! weren't you talking about getting the coupe? or was that Kensilo? either way, congrats on the new car!

11:12 AM, October 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home