Thursday, September 28, 2006

Insanity Personified

I teased about it in my last voice blog about doing the Master Cleanse and now I'm putting it into action. I can't believe I'm doing it but I got the limes (there was a sale of 12 for a dollar that I couldn't resist...*LOL*), cayenne pepper, grade B maple syrup, sea salt, and I need to get the laxative tea.

I first read about the MasterCleanse from the now defunct DizYaBoy's blog. I was amazed to hear how DizYaBoy's father did the cleanse for about a month & the favorable results he was getting. I was thinking...all he's drinking is lemonade with cayenne and maple syrup, how is that healthy? I don't remember him mentioning the Sea Water Flush (the sea salts contain a lot of the nutrients needed) and lemons actually have a lot of nutritional value.

I then read about Marlon making an attempt. Looking at his blog, led me to the MasterCleansers blog, where a group of folks created a blog to share their experiences on the cleanse.

This was all back in June and July.

Hemingway I've been doing lots of reading on different message boards such as The MC and Raw Foods Site. I've gotten a lot of informative information from there.

But I've been scared. Truth is, I don't know if I'll even make it past a day. I mean, can my hunger be curbed merely by this drink (and lots of water).

There's a lot of talk of what's called "detox symptoms". Things such as headaches, chills, tiredness, aches & pains, and general irritability that comes during the cleanse, which many recommend you do for 10 days minimum. The thought of having those freaks me out but is part of the deal, I suppose. It's said that most "detox symptoms" disappear after taking a dump.

Knowledge is power, though. That's why I've been reading up on it. So now I'm ready to give it a spin. My first day is tomorrow. I'll probably post either daily or periodical updates (assuming I don't quit Day 1...*LOL*) on how I'm feeling. I hope I can do this.

Now is probably as good of a time as any for me to start since my trips to Raliegh, Las Vegas, and Boston begin on October 13th. Wish me luck!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger ~HoustonNY~ said...

Hey man! Yeah, I was there when Dizyaboy's father was doing the cleanse. Actually, I was there when Dizyaboy did it also. He did lose weight, but not sure how much. He tried to get me to do it but my consistent problem with it is my weight training. I am scared that I won't have enough energy to complete a weight training regiment. I work out four to five times a week and if I go on this diet, I don't think I will have the energy, drive or motivation to continue to work out.

I went to my doctor today (ironcally) and he game me something called Chromium Picolinate. It is a dietary supplement (vegetarian) that helps in dropping weight, especially around the mid-section. I told him that I did not like supplements and he said that he personally uses it (and he looks phenominal! whew!!!) and recommends it to a lot of his patients that work out the way I do. I just took my first pill today so I will keep you posted on what happens!

11:36 AM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger lj said...

hmmmm. I've never seen a pic but I always thought you were a little guy..lol. Good Luck though.

5:12 PM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger Ladynay said...

All I can say is good luck, I couldn't make it passed day 3. The lemonade is not that bad tasting, it's just how much you have to drink of it and the salt water made me gag. I couldn't do that again if I tried.

Again, good luck.

P.S. Our state fair starts on the 13th and it's pretty decent (sometimes) so you may wanna mention it to the crew your staying with here or depending on what day your here you can go with me and my crew.

6:26 AM, September 29, 2006  
Blogger Cash S. said...

Um...what could you possibly need the master cleanser for lol? You weight like 100 pounds right now. You don't want the Chicago wind to blow you away!!

7:41 AM, September 29, 2006  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

U coming to Boston? on the 13th? Damn!!!!WHere u going?

10:29 AM, September 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home