Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Talk To Myself



This song was the jam back in the day. I had the biggest crush on Christopher Williams. He was part of that New Jack era in music. I believe I read somewhere that he has ties to the late Ella Fitzgerald. I went to Amazon to try and find his first CD to see if it was on sale. But apparently there aren't many copies out there since the cheapest CD available was $60. Now I love Christopher but not that much.

I did remember buying a cassette of his album but I hadn't seen the cassette in years. That changed last week when I was cleaning out my closet and came across his cassette. I was so happy and was ready to play it, especially wanted to hear his jam I'm Your Present. (Let me make sure Rock's not around...*LOL*) Okay...coast clear. Chris could be my present anytime he wants to be.

The sad thing is that I don't even have a cassette player anymore. So I can't play my cassette. Is there anyway to convert my cassette music to CD? I'd love to play his songs on my PC.

Speaking of talking to myself, I've been doing a lot of that and cursing due to my job. Since the day after Labor Day, I've been working insane hours trying to fix various production issues in the system I support. For a few days I'd literally get up and within the hour log on, take a little breather here and there, but stay working till midnight or so. Luckily I did a lot of this from home but it was still pretty taxing on me.

My new manager who I need to come up with a nickname for, assuming I talk about her again, has been pretty supportive, though. She's been encouraging me to get away from the computer. Unfortunately though, my latest onshore coordinator keeps calling me at night with queries, which forces me back on the system. He's nice but can be a bit clingy. Hemingway.

I guess it didn't help during my stressful week that I was doing another MC....*LOL*. So I couldn't even snack while working. Actually that might've been a good thing, though. I'm wrapping up Day 9 now and should be done tomorrow night. I was contemplating doing an 11th day just to break my record but I don't think I can take another day of cayenne limade. Plus I'm starting to get way too skinny.

Tonight before getting home I bought all my ingredients for my veggie soup I'll be enjoying Friday evening. It's the usual carrots, celery, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, bean sprouts, and mushrooms...and of course I'll add lime and cayenne to it.

Sigh so Hemingway just wanted to post a quick entry to let anyone who's still visiting that I'm still around. Again I promise to make more of an effort to visit other blogs. Well as soon as I get past all these production issues. So I guess I'll log back into work. Joy!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger That Dude Right There said...

If you do this Master Cleanse one more time you'll be able to hid behind a stop sign!!!

10:19 PM, September 10, 2008  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

^True LOL! Hey you have to get that work done so you can afford to go on more trips. And how was Hawaii-E?

12:05 PM, September 13, 2008  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Don't you hate clingy co-workers? Anyway, yea - another MC? Geez Louise - I need to do one of those. But me loves food waaaaay too damn much.

That veggie soup sounds good...you just need to add some roasted chicken...then I guess it wouldn't be veggie, right? Oh well - nevermind!

6:51 AM, September 17, 2008  
Blogger Soldier said...

ok what is this about ? where the fuck r u... u tryin to be a soldier copycat ??? where is the update ?

I guess i'll just call u tonite !

10:58 AM, September 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home