Sunday, September 28, 2008

This Song Is For You

Visiting NeenaLove's blog inspired me to put up another entry. Following her lead, this entry is all about songs for any given situation. Of course I'm good at typing song lyrics (on occasion) to coincide with whatever topic of the day I blog about. So without further adieu.

1. Song that makes you dance, no matter what:
Dont'cha by Tori Alamaze remade famously by The Pussycat Dolls

2. Song you'd use to tell someone you love them:
This Song Is For You by Zhane (Sappy but your lover gets the message.)

3. Song that has made you sit down and analyze the lyrics:
Free by Prince (I guess the whole don't cry unless you're happy, don't smile unless you're blue threw me off...but it's so deep.)

4. Song you like that a two-year old would like:
The Oompa Loompa Song from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

5. Song that gives you an energy boost:
Free/Sail On by Chante Moore (Whenever I feel trapped in a situation, thinking about or playing this song helps me get through it. Sometimes I have to play it on repeat.)

6. A song you and your parents would like:
The Christmas Song ... as sung by Nat King Cole

7. Song you really liked when you were in high school that you still like now:
Escapade by Janet Jackson.

8. A sad song that would be in the soundtrack of the movie about your life:
She's Out Of My Life performed by Michael Jackson (Such a sad song. I really felt Michael's pain.)

9. Peppy song that would start the opening credits in the movie of your life:
Funky Town by Lipps, Inc.

10. A good song from a genre of music that no one would guess you liked:
In My Secret Life by Leonard Cohen (Sounds a bit like a folksong. I heard it play during an episode of The L Word and fell in love with it instantly.)

11. Song you think should have been playing when you were born:
Gonna Breakthrough by Mary J Blige (Mostly for the metaphoric fact that a newborn has to breakthrough his protective womb.)

12. Favorite duet artists:
Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell (Somehow I don't think K.C. and Jojo can compare...*LOL*)

13. A favorite song you completely disagree with:
It Wasn't Me by Shaggy

14. Song that you like despite the fact that your IQ level drops several points every time you listen to it:
Do I Look Like A Slut? by Avenue D (The title says it all....so damn catchy, though.)

15. Smooth song for relaxing:
Hotel California Bass Mix Al B Sure (Al's voice was at its sexiest and dreamiest.)

16. A song you would send to someone you can't stand:
Mama Said Knock You Out by LL Cool J

17. Favorite political track:
What's Going On by Marvin Gaye

18. Favorite track from a band considered a "super group":
Super Trouper by ABBA

19. A song that makes you reminisce about good times with a family member:
Together Again by Janet Jackson

20. Favorite song from a soundtrack:
Love Don't Love Me by Eric Benet featured on The Brothers Soundtrack (Ironically The Brothers soundtrack is my least favorite soundtrack and Love Don't Love Me is the only song I liked from it.)

21. Your favorite song RIGHT now:
The Naughty Song by Cory Lee (Another song that The L Word hooked me on.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger BK said...

LOL at some of these songs!!! :) Mama Said Knock you Out was my favorite LOL

it's been a while but I'm still around..

8:50 AM, September 30, 2008  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Ohhh - we love Neena, don't we? I wish I was in Hawaii with her though.

3:46 PM, September 30, 2008  
Blogger BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

Love the list E!! LOL!!

12:55 AM, October 03, 2008  
Blogger Soldier said...

ok im not american and i recently stopped being a teenager lol, so i cant relatee to most of these songs, or at least that's what i thought till i saw COry Lee... ok u really saved the best one for last lol... that girl is in heat and needs to be banged ASAP

10:44 PM, October 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home