Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Find Me A Man

Find Me A Man - Toni Braxton

I'm just a girl
That doesn't like the thought of being alone
I need to be loved and held real close
I'm the kind of girl
That needs to be caressed and kissed so soft, yeah
There's no better way to turn me on
I need a man who
Who's gonna treat me right
I need a man who'll be with me every night
So I've gotta

Find me a man
With sensitive eyes
One who understands
Love is stronger than pride
So I gotta
Find me a man
A sensitive mind
Not just any man
One of a kind

I know what I'm looking for, and I know
He's gotta be wonderful, cause I know
I am too beautiful, to settle for nothing less, ooh
I know what I'm searching for, yes I know
It's someone incredible, don't you know
That I won't give up until I've found the perfect man

Today's entry is kind of short and sweet.

Aside from the I'm just a girl part because well even though I'm gay and folks can tell it a mile away apparently (and I need to get over that...*LOL*) , those lyrics so mirror what I'm feeling at times.

My friend Huey was telling me that I should write down a list of what I want in a guy. Of course, there are things that you may have to compromise on...that's a given. But there should be three things that you absolutely must have in your perfect guy. And yes, I know there's no such thing.

I'm just going to list a few of my criteria at random. I'll narrow my top 3 another time.

1) He must be gainfully employed.
2) He should have his own apartment, condo, townhouse, whatever.
3) He must be between 5 foot 8 and 6 foot 4, weighing between 180-220 pounds.
4) He should be somewhere between 29 and 45.
5) He needs to have some common sense.
6) He should be considerate of other folks feelings.
7) His face should be pleasing to my eyes.
8) He must be a great kisser.
9) He needs to prove that he's into me without losing himself.
10) He should bring out the good qualities I have and strengthen the ones I lack.

Those are all I can think of right now. As Toni Braxton would say, I am too beautiful to settle for nothing less than the best.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Doll Face said...

Cheers to that!

12:30 AM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger M-Dubb said...

hooray to the negros for knowing what they want!

Me? I'll be married by 2008. I've only thought of the invitations, but they'll be THAT DEAL!

1:16 AM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger Cash S. said...

Hmmm...

I need to borrow a couple of those for my list.

8:44 AM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger BK said...

LOL good list E.. I think that can translate to most women's list too LOL I'm so mad you got #10 down there.. it should be way higher on that list but hey.. LOL.. this is yo list :)

Soo... are u ready for the weekend love???

9:09 AM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

Basically..i think its the same acrosst he board but one things for sure an unemployed man is an unattractive man

1:14 PM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Number 4 made me laugh because on my list he has to be at least 6'4" tall! LOL!

2:11 PM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger Superstar Nic said...

I completely agree w/all of your criteria w/the exception of the weight. For me, if they are really tall like 6'3 - 6'4, they can go up to about 250. I like 'em thick ;-)

9:13 PM, May 26, 2006  
Blogger That Girl said...

I need a man! lol.

4:48 PM, May 29, 2006  
Blogger Marz said...

I can get with this list, because some gay men put some crazy MESS on theirs. " Fingers must next exceed four inches". I COULD NOT TAKE THAT ONE, AND THEN WHY THEY SAID IT.


-Marz

11:41 AM, May 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home