Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sally The Fag Hag

I was lamenting just weeks before that I was in search of a pretend girlfriend all my own. Well I may have found her in my long time friend Sally.

I called her moments after posting about my liberation from that site. On that note, word Taylor, I think your assessment that the site could be addictive as meth is spot on. Lord knows I myself logged into several times a day for nothing really. But it was like a two year bad train wreck that I couldn't step away from. I'll definitely take that one day at a time.

So Hemingway I told Sally that I was gonna get a quick workout in and then meet her at her condo a little later. So I get my workout in and then head over to her condo.

We were talking about a movie but then nixed the idea. We decided to get lunch at a nearby eatery. As we were walking, I was getting the urge to share with her my secret homosexual life.

I've wanted to tell her numerous times over the last year or so but always chickened out at the last minute. The thing is that I knew she wouldn't drop out of my life but I wasn't ready to share that part of my life with her.

Until yesterday. Since we hadn't chatted in a while, she threw a blanket statement asking about my love life, financial life, and work life. I quickly told her my love life was lame, finances were okay, and work was crazy. All those statements were pretty accurate but very vague.

Sally harped on the love life and threw out that we needed to go to some mixers so I could find me some girls. I gave her a grunted sure. The thoughts of telling her popped in my head again. But the setting wasn't right.

So after lunch, which was a bit cheaper considering they forgot to charge for my dish, we headed to a local African store. We looked over a few items before we both purchased some shae butter. I'm hoping it'll help my dry skin a bit, especially around the lips. We'll see.

We walked back to her condo in order to drop off her leftover pizza. We then decided to walk along the lakefront on Sheridan. During the walk, Sally and I saw from a distance a pair of lovers making out along the pier. She made some kind of comment that if it was two guys, she might've thrown up. I looked away from her.

We continued the walk along the lakefront, passing up couples left and right. The weather was perfect. In fact, it was the first perfect day in weeks in Chicago. It wasn't too cold nor was it too hot. The surroundings were conducive to my confessing. But I held back.

I'm sure ya'll are like, get to it already. Give me a paragraph or two...*LOL*.

So here we go. We went back to her condo and she needed to give me a copy of Madonna's latest CD. My assignment is to learn the lyrics before our June 14th concert. Sally wanted me to test out my copy on her player. I cracked up inside when Madonna's Sorry came on. Eugene sings the refrain to me all the time. I don't remember him telling it was Madonna. But the fact that it came on seemed to be a sign.

I then became antsy. I wanted to tell Sally but as usual didn't know how. So I paced back and forth. Sally asked me what's up. It was now or never.

I told her that I had something to tell her. After her jokes with me on what it could be, I told her that I liked men. Her reaction was a bit unexpected.

She was so happy. She told me that she knew. I guess Eugene was right. I told him about a conversation almost a year ago about the suburbia party she took me to that was being held by a gay couple. The week before we went to dinner and she was inviting me to it and her comments about how she's accepting of gays almost made me want to tell her about me. When I told Eugene that, he told me that she knew. Of course I was like, no she didn't.

Hemingway we had a nice conversation after my revelation. She told me that all her friends knew about me before she did. I guess I'm gayer than I thought. So all you DL cats better not hang out with me or you'll be outed by association.

I shared with her my molestation story and how I was confused for many years over that. I told her about some of my sexual escapades. I told her about this date I'm supposed to have today but I have a feeling the dude's gonna stand me up.

She was lapping it all up. It was like she was finally hearing a whole other side of me. And get this...now she wants to go to gay bars with me. I think I created a monster.

But I felt such a relief that things went smoothly. I did wind up going to Generator later that night. I even brushed up against a dude I was interested in. Maybe next time I'll actually chat with him.

6 Comments:

Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Why is it that some females can just "tell" that a brotha is gay, but some have absolutely no clue?

3:39 PM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

Good for you for telling her......and she was more accepting than u though..she prolly amde those comments to see what u was gonna say...

8:36 AM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Cash S. said...

That's the exact same thing that happened to me when I told my best friend Amber. She was all happy, said she knew, and that she was just waiting on me to tell her. She wanted to hear all my dating stories and what not. Her reaction was very comforting.

Now don't you feel better lol?

12:50 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger BK said...

CONGRATS.. glad you let that one out.. and I knew she knew all the while too.. she was waiting for you to tell her..

now Fag Hag.. that's my topic tomorrow cause I had a very enlightening conversation on Wednesday evening with one of my gay buddies and it transpired into an email ring and if I hear Fag Hag one mo gin.. imma scream.. LOL I hate that term!!!!! why we can't just be ya peoples???? LOL

1:22 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger GermanChocolateGirl said...

wow, good job E.

8:45 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Marz said...

SHEA BUTTER WORKS WONDERS. Just give it time. Also Cocoa butter. I use Blistex for my lips. (Not the tube the though, in the blue little case MIRACULOUS HOT LOVE.)

CUTE DL WARNING. (LOL)

Yes, she's a hag. CLAIM HER. (It's so hard to find a good one. I had to let a few go. LOL)


-Marz

12:03 PM, May 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home