Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Cupid's Return

Cupid strikes again.

Umm, he hasn't shot me. Last time he hit me, it was a false alarm. I've been trying to steer clear ever since, even though a few stray arrows tried their best to penetrate.

No. Cupid has decided to strike his arrow at my ace boon coon Eugene. I normally wouldn't talk about Eugene's situation since he needs to get his own blog. However, since I don't wish to rehash another sad tale from my sorry love life....*LOL*.

There you go.

I first realized Eugene had a serious case of the Cupid just before our Cingular issues. Eugene mentioned that this guy (let's call him Jay) that contacted him last year re-established conversation with him. They were originally supposed to drive together to Detroit last Christmas but Jay backed out at the last minute. After that, they lost contact pretty much. Until now.

Jay and Eugene hadn't met each other prior due to their schedules not meshing. But that all changed when the connection was reopened. They chatted a bit and agreed to meet in a sports bar.

Eugene told me that the two of them were playing footsies under the table. Eugene even massaged Jay's foot. He assured me that they sat in a hidden corner so nobody could tell what they were doing. There was a clear attraction but Eugene placed some boundaries immediately. He informed Jay that he wasn't into casual sex. Actually Eugene's cherry has never been popped and he's not just gonna pop it with anyone.

Whenever he's told guys that, their excitement level seems to rise. I guess there's something to wanting to be the first to pop that cherry. It's almost like a groom wanting a virginal bride.

Speaking of virginal brides...

"I'm just a virgin and I'm on my way to be wed. But you're such a hunk, so full of spunk, I'll give you head."

Sorry. Prince's Head lyrics came to mind just now.

So Hemingway after that meeting, Jay tried to bust a move by convincing Eugene to go home with him. He tried telling Eugene that he'd be a good boy. But like Lisa Lisa, Eugene asked...

"I wonder if I take you home, will you still be in love, baby?"

Heh. That just flowed so nicely.

So since Eugene wasn't gonna go home with him, Jay asked if he could at least get a kiss. Eugene obliged and he told me that Jay's a great kisser.

Actually Eugene's talked about Jay a lot this last week or so (between our arguments over our cell phone service). It's been a bit nauseating. It's cool too, though. I know Eugene doesn't have anyone else he can talk about it to so he turns to me. And outside of my fellow bloggers, Eugene's the only person I share all my relationship woes with.

It's a bit scary too because Eugene doesn't excite easily. Only one other time I could recall him relishing a guy. But Eugene quickly lost interest when he realized that the guy was only available on his terms.

But so far Jay seems to be pushing all the right buttons. He's called Eugene multiple times a day. I know this because he manages to call whenever I'm talking to Eugene myself...and you know who gets the heave ho when Jay calls. *LOL*. Well I guess I'd do the same if some guy I'm interested in decided to call me while on the phone with Eugene.

I'm happy for Eugene but am scared at the same time. Eugene talks a good game about not letting his emotions get the best of him. But he's kind of slipped already.

Jay invited him to spend the night at his place. They're supposed to just cuddle. Jay says that he justs wants Eugene to lay besides him and have him be his side when he wakes up. Awww...so sweet, right? But I'm hoping Jay doesn't try to make any moves to try and get it from Eugene.

I mean, I was shocked when Eugene called me and said he arrived at Jay's spot. Eugene always told me that he wouldn't place himself in a compromising situation. He berated me time and time again how I always seem to put myself in these situations, risking being raped (which actually I was a few years back...that's another story.). But he's now in the same situation. Jay's 6"3 and 240 pounds, which is 50 pounds and 5 inches taller than Eugene.

I can't help but worry about him. He's my big brother and I love him. I don't want anything bad to happen to him.

I have a feeling this may be a turning point in this new relationship. Things can either go up or down from here. I'm hoping things look up. I'll know tomorrow.

11 Comments:

Blogger E said...

I don't know why I even worried about Eugene. He called me about an hour after I posted this saying he was on his way home. He decided not to stay the night even though Jay tried to convince him otherwise. Things are heating up..they're talking about spending Memorial weekend in New York. Lucky bastard...:-)

4:49 AM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger Cash S. said...

Hmmm, I don't know. Your friend seems to have some self control, which is great. But, dude seems a little to eager to lay down so quckly.

8:53 AM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger BK said...

I'm wit cash.. dude is a lil to eager to pop eugene's cherry LOL.. tell him to WAIT.. and do like Madea said.. keep a quarter btw his knees and don't let it drop!

E... we need to talk..

12:55 PM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

He shouldn't be shoved into anything he's not ready for...so even if there's a little doubt in his mind, don't go for it. If the guy gets angry, and starts threatening break ups or something, he's not right for him. If he's patient, and fine to wait, he sounds like a keeper.
JV

1:19 PM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger Clay said...

yes i agree w/ waiting - if someone can wait and be patient that is a sign they can stay around.

2:35 PM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger Ya boy Maurice said...

Im with everyone tell him to wait. If he has went this long might as well continue to wait.

3:53 PM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

good things come to those who wait...

2:30 PM, May 12, 2006  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

Maybe it's that I have an "old soul," but who knows about that. But I'll tell you, I've outgrown attraction to dangerous so-called "adventures."

I sincerely hope your friend knows what he's doing.

Man... I really need to stop by here more often. You always seem to write in a plain fashion that makes it easy for people (at least for me), to identify with.

Ah... the life of the non-committed, sometimes a blessing... or times, pure crap.

4:18 PM, May 12, 2006  
Blogger lj said...

Alright Eugene..keep it on lockdown.

9:01 PM, May 12, 2006  
Blogger Marz said...

UMM WHAT HAPPENED. Don't worry, just advise him to take some protection MACE something. I made my hag go get some MAce and condoms. (crazy heifer. LOL)



-Marz

4:21 PM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger Karamale said...

damn, they a couple of bigguns. 5'11, 190 and 6'3, 240? sounds like my kinda team.

12:27 PM, May 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home