Sunday, March 12, 2006

Generating Heat

I had a great time hanging out with Huey last night. I called him earlier yesterday to see if he felt like hanging out. He was hanging with his lawyer friend, who was helping him look for a condo. He didn't seem all that keen on clubbing but felt a bit guilty for dissing me last weekend. So he agreed to hang out with me.

After posting yesterday's entry, I took a thirty minute power nap. I woke up around 11PM and got ready to drive over to Huey. I chatted briefly with Eugene (see I told you we'd be okay) after getting dressed. When I described my outfit to him, he told me that I was dressed like a model wearing a clearance outfit in a Sears catalog. We had a good laugh over that one. So what did I have on. I had grey baggy Guess? jeans with an aqua Detroit baseball shirt with dark blue shoulder patterns from Steve and Barry's. For shoes, I wore my black Giorgio Brutini that I normally wear to work. I thought I was the cat's meow.

Huey agreed when he saw me. I suggested we head out to Generator. I'm not really much of a clubhead but I heard that the reopened Generator was the place to be seen. I mean Bernard from Sex and the City saw Noah and his entourage there last weekend. So I hopped in Huey's ride and after a money and Altoids stop, we arrived at our destination.

The place was off the chain. There were various entourages already there. As Huey and I walked around, I could see guys focusing their attention on us. It felt great.

Huey was trying to be "incognegro", wearing a cap to try to hide his bald frame. But he was recognized by a number of guys in the club, including one that wanted to get with him. Huey, however, wasn't trying to hook up with him.

I saw a guy from A4A working the bar that I was thinking of having a fling with but at the time he threw shade. He didn't look all that hot to me, though. So it was cool nothing happened.

We were enjoying the sites of people getting their groove on. We were especially enjoying one dude in blue jeans & a orange t-shirt shaking and gyrating his ass on a pole. He was lifting his shirt and everything trying to show off his body that wasn't quite built but you could tell he was getting it together. Tyra says he'll look "fierce" by summer.

Huey noted that the guy we met earlier that wanted to get with him kept following us throughout the morning. He would stand at different vantage points around the club. Later on, he walked by us and Huey saw him roll his eyes at him. Drama.

We left the club a little after 4AM. Huey was hungry so we stopped at this place on Clark. I think it was called Michael's. It's best described as an I-Hop like breakfast/lunch/dinner diner. I wound up ordering buttermilk pancakes with a side of turkey sausage while he ordered an omelette with spinach and bacon. We recognized a few folks from Generator entering the restaurant.

It wasn't until 5:30 in the morning when I got home. That's the latest I've ever stayed out in years. Right now I'm watching the Flavor of Love marathon and recording all the episodes. So that'll be keeping me busy today.

6 Comments:

Blogger Superstar Nic said...

I’m glad that you have a good time out on the town last night!

There is no way I would have been up at ‘em by 11am if I did not get home until 5:30am. I would have been still knocked out and enjoying a peaceful slumber, LOL.

3:43 PM, March 12, 2006  
Blogger lj said...

Poor Hoops.

1:24 AM, March 13, 2006  
Blogger M-Dubb said...

I just can't see you in anything baggy... lol

And like LJ said, Poor Hoopz.

2:13 PM, March 13, 2006  
Blogger Clay said...

5:30am lawd i aint had one of those nights in ions!

3:09 PM, March 13, 2006  
Blogger Cash S. said...

5:30...that's till early.

4:26 PM, March 13, 2006  
Blogger Karamale said...

what's up with tyra's face? she trying out for vanessa's role in "into the woods"?

3:36 PM, March 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home