Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving Eve's Eve

I can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here. I wouldn't know it on the job. Normally around the holiday, things slow down a little bit workwise. But not this year. It seems like all kinds of projects are happening at once with no reprieve in sight. I've also had to attend more and more meetings and have been forced to delegate work to our offshore resources (which in itself takes time to explain).

We lost a team member who left to join a business group within the company. Fortunately this person didn't do anything that was much of an impact to what I do. However there is a definite squeeze as more and more projects are coming on and time is becoming scarce.

SLAB, along with another senior member and myself, spent some time two weeks back interviewing prospective replacements for the departed team member. We all seemed to agree that one guy stood out among the rest. He seemed technically competent plus he seemed like a go-to type of person. He impressed the second round of interviewers as well and an offer was extended to him, which he accepted. But he won't start until December 11th.

I wanted to take tomorrow off but with all the work going on (and since I'm not planning on making the trek until the 23rd), I decided to go in.

Meanwhile on the man front, FordRock continues to amaze me. I don't think I've ever had a guy throw me so many compliments or keep in contact with me with the frequency he's done. It's especially amazing considering our encounters. Usually guys run away afterwards.

Last night he installed his first webcam and insisted on me being his first cam. (It was a clean cam...*LOL*.) He seemed so genuinely happy to see me, even though I was suffering from a cold at the time and was sneezing and blowing my nose on the cam. As I looked at him further, I couldn't help but notice he had a slight resemblance to blogger ShawnQt. He was just grinning from ear to ear, which made me grin.

He called me about an hour ago asking me if I had a carbon monoxide detector in the house. I told him I didn't and he mentioned some ordinance was being passed in Chicago for all homes to have one before the new year or face higher insurance costs. He happened to be in the store picking one up for his grandmother and decided to pick one up for me too. I agreed to treat him to dinner when he comes over tomorrow night.

The attention he's giving me is cool but scary. I'm so used to jerks that it's a bit surreal to actually have a nice guy that likes me and seems to want to treat me right. Okay fine, I had at least two other guys (Aviation and Matt) that were nice and liked me as well. But FordRock is the first nice guy that I am mutually attracted to.

In my Find Me A Man entry, I listed the following criteria for what I'd like in a man:

1) He must be gainfully employed.
2) He should have his own apartment, condo, townhouse, whatever.
3) He must be between 5 foot 8 and 6 foot 4, weighing between 180-220 pounds.
4) He should be somewhere between 29 and 45.
5) He needs to have some common sense.
6) He should be considerate of other folks feelings.
7) His face should be pleasing to my eyes.
8) He must be a great kisser.
9) He needs to prove that he's into me without losing himself.
10) He should bring out the good qualities I have and strengthen the ones I lack.

Fordrock meets all of the criteria except number 3. He is 6 feet and told me he weighs 230 pounds. But since he meets everything else, I can live with it. Besides he is working on it.

He told me the other day that he wants to date me. Really date me and get to know me. On that front, we agreed to try and control our urges to fool around and focus on learning about each other.

The funny thing is that I think he was a bit jealous when I went to see Eugene last weekend. He asked me how Eugene and I met and I told him that we met on that site. I also told him that I was attracted to Eugene but Eugene didn't feel the same way about me. I've accepted that Eugene and I will never be (unless I gain 20-30 pounds of muscle overnight...*LOL*) and value the friendship that we've built over the year and a half. Besides upon getting to know Eugene, I concluded that we wouldn't be compatible anyway. The irony is if it weren't for the fact that we're both gay, we probably wouldn't even be friends. So I would never give FordRock any reason to worry in that regards.

Hemingway I'm about to get my ass ready for my make-up workout session. The annoying thing is that I was gonna work out tomorrow morning as well but unfortunately my weekly Friday meetings were moved back to Wednesdays starting tomorrow. Then I have a couple other meetings after that. And to think I was gonna take tomorrow off.

This will probably be my last post before taking off for Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

Happy Turkey day!

8:55 AM, November 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice to see fordrock turning up the heat as the temperature drops.

6:21 PM, November 23, 2006  
Blogger BK said...

awh shucks.. well Happy Thanksgiving *the day after* and errr :) lemme find out.. I need to get to reading.. you got a "friend" now.. fordrock huh...


embrace it!!! that's all I'm saying!

10:17 AM, November 24, 2006  
Blogger Rose said...

I'm glad that you have a special someone to share the holidays with and I hope that you had a blessed Thanksgiving.

1:59 PM, November 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have missed you so much! I didn't realize how important my blog family was until I stopped writing and reading for a while. I think I was depressed over Phyllis and Big Dee Dee being abruptly snatched from me. Well, I'm back!

I love your find a man criteria, but I must ask you to also think about #5.

Common Sense: Things we think everyone should know or believe based on common experience.

However, we don't share common experience with everyone and someone may come to us that doesn't have our common sense. What I'm basically trying to say and doing it very badly is this... Never assume what someone else should know if you haven't told them.

Oooh... I just delivered a Rhema word. Now we got to move on... and don't forget to unlock your blessing. You can make your check payable to me or I also accept Paypal...lol

Thanks for the anniversary wishes.

7:37 AM, November 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home