Friday, October 13, 2006

Finding My Way Back To Food

I only have time for a quick message before getting ready to head back to work and eventually leave for my nine day excursion to three different cities.

As the title of this entry implies, I am getting myself back into the groove of eating solid foods. I made this big pot of veggie and bean soup Monday evening. I ate some of it on Tuesday evening, which was my first reintroduction to solid food. My stomach was growling for about twenty minutes after eating it. I was afraid I might vomit or have a sudden case of the runs. But I made it through the evening and pretty much everything stayed inside.

So this week I've pretty much been eating soup for lunch and dinner (and I still have plenty leftover that I'll unfortunately have to throw out). In addition to the soup, I also ate a couple breakfast bars (some of those are the bomb) and so far my stomach's been okay. I'm regular again as well (TMI, I know). I'm definitely ready for my trips.

Surprisingly I only gained back a pound so far. Then again other than the soup and breakfast bars, I haven't eaten much else. I have a feeling I'll gain most of it back during my vacation, even though I'm going to make an effort to work out while on vacation.

So Hemingway (haven't said that in a while, I think...*LOL*) I just wanted to post an update before I get going.

My biggest fear is leaving my work processes in the hands of other team members. I hope I don't come back to a bigger mess. But I have to let that go. I'll still carry my pager in case there's some emergency that they can't handle. However when I get back in the office, I'm going to put an emergency doc together so hopefully I won't be disturbed.

I wanna enjoy my birthday week. Yup I'll be the big 3-4 on Sunday. I'm old...:-)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

Happy Pre B-day! Your vacation will help you gain the weight back, I am sure...

6:51 PM, October 14, 2006  
Blogger Rose said...

Happy Birthday and enjoy your vacation. Try not to eat the wrong foods and your master clean won't be in vain. Otherwise have a ball.

11:31 PM, October 15, 2006  
Blogger Harold Gibson said...

Happy B-Day and keep a positive outlook.

6:48 AM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger BK said...

Happy Birthday E... Hope you had a great trip!

12:38 PM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger Marz said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.


I have to start having birthdays in style and things like you. Every year it's so glamour. (That's hot)


-Marz

7:51 AM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger HOLIDAY N said...

Hey Sir E...Mr. G...

How ya been sweetie?Well I'll know the answer to that when I catch up on the blog...happy belated...you'd better be doin fab things with fab people set to fab backdrops...miss ya like Versace sweets...take care...

Holiday..."B"

p.s.
why did it take me like 25 minutes to remember my username and password?

10:14 AM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger No_the_game said...

E,
As soon as you get back to town let me see ya. That might motivate my fat ass :((

Love and respect,
No_the_game

11:58 PM, October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home