Thursday, November 16, 2006

Brand New Man

I haven't really talked about men in a while. Mostly because it's the same old story.

Everytime I've mentioned on my blog about meeting a new man, things have pretty much gone south. I've been looking through my entries to see when I last mentioned a date. There was that first entry about Spades where we sorta did date things but we wound up having the friendship vibe. Going deeper I discovered that the last time I mentioned dating was with the guy I nicknamed Aviation. Unfortunately I wasn't as attracted to him as I thought I was. Things went south when during our second date he cut some bread, buttered it up, and then put it on my plate. Talk about emasculation and he wasn't even that masculine to me to begin with.

I did get a bit emasculated on a date I had two Saturdays ago with Baritone. Baritone (like a lot of other losers I've dated) started out real promising. We had some decent chatter initially on the phone where I learned that he lived in Seattle for over 13 years and currently works in the hotel industry as some manager.

As I mentioned, we had a date two Saturdays ago. We agreed to meet downtown to see Saw III. (Total sidebar - go see it!!! It was off the chain.) Okay back to Baritone. So I was standing on the corner of Structure & Virgin Records on Michigan Avenue waiting for him. About fifteen minutes later, I saw a handsome bald headed guy in a nice trench coat and scarf walk up towards me with a smile. He looked way better than his pictures, which usually isn't the case.

So fast forwarding a bit (since he's history), we saw the movie. We then headed to Gino's East for pizza where things almost derailed when he pulled the cellphone thing. But he apologized for it after I complained. He emasculated me by pretty much doing all the food ordering (deep dish meat lover's pizza, extra cheese) and later on when heading outside, fixing up my collar on my coat. But unlike when Aviation did it, I actually didn't mind. We then walked into this gay bar Gentry's after derailing briefly to Hotel Incontiental. The evening was capped there listening to this lounge singer and later on making out in the basement.

Things then continued to go well when Baritone actually called me when I got home (1:35 AM) and proceeded to chat with me for thirty minutes more. I told Eugene about the date and he was impressed with Baritone not raising any of Eugene's imaginary antennas.

But alas things went downhill after that. Baritone became incognito for several days. He returned my phone call the following Wednesday with some excuse about visiting his mother for a couple days. But the call was really brief because he claimed to be meeting a friend somewhere. But he was sure to invite me over to his place on Saturday (all the way on the Southside).

I knew that if I went over to his place, it would most likely lead to sex. Then just like my brief torrid session with Mr. Lemonade, once he was done having his way with me, he'd make some excuse about having to work in the morning and then make phone calls planning his next day. In fact when making the plans for my visit, he already was throwing the going to work Sunday morning excuse.

So that Saturday I saw Baritone on that, umm, site and emailed a greeting. He read my message and didn't bother to reply. I told Eugene about it and Eugene sent him an email, pretending to be interested. Baritone immediately responded and even suggested they hook up the same evening I was supposed to meet him.

Another. Trifling. Ass. Dog. I didn't want Baritone to know what I did. So I sent him an email explaining that I didn't want to meet him because the possibility existed that we would have sex and that I was hoping for more. I left the door open if he was interested in more public activities to give me a call. Very late in the evening he replies that he didn't get where I was going with the letter.

I wound up calling his ass the next day to explain it and he immediately blurts out that he wasn't trying to have sex with me. Yeah pull it out the other ear I thought to myself. So after that phone call, I knew I wouldn't hear from his trifling ass again.

So fast forward to this guy Fordrock. I actually saw him post a message on a Yahoo message board that I frequent that discusses the fine art of frottage. Remember my curiosity about this form of sex? He was in the Chicago area and was curious to meet other like-minded guys.

I emailed Fordrock and later IM'ed him and we pretty much hit it off chatting. We exchanged phone numbers and talked in real time. I found out that he lives in the Rockford area and commutes to Chicago every so often to visit family. We agreed to meet each other this past Sunday.

But plans were slightly altered when he decided to impromptly visit me Saturday morning on his way to the Southside. (Yeah No_The_Game, that's the reason I was late to meet you...sorry...*LOL*) To say we hit it off was an understatement. He was just the type of guy I liked...a little stocky, taller, and very handsome face. We decided not to exchange pictures prior to meeting. So he came over, we chatted, and then proceeded to make out for about thirty minutes. Crazy. Slutty. Cool.

We couldn't wait to hang out Sunday. Sunday came, we went to I-Hop, and then came back to my place for more of the same stuff as Saturday. But what was different was that he was really interested in getting to know me. And we did chat a lot as well.

He mentioned that he used to be 270 lbs and lost forty pounds. His goal is to get between 170-180 (his weight years younger). He also talked about his accounting job and family and friends.

In fact we've been still chatting since our meeting, which is a good sign (considering we may have gone too far Sunday). We occasionally text a brief message in the morning and then in the evenings, we talk about our days. We would hang out this weekend but I'm actually going out of town to Boston tomorrow evening while he'll likely be driving to St. Louis. But we did promise to keep in touch.

I hate being premature but I think he could be a keeper. I guess you'll know if I talk about him again on my blog (in a positive light).

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Soldier said...

LMAO @ The Captain

3 days and " He could be a keeper ? " E ! you know u're about to get violently ignored on Yahoo Messenger for that line.
Well, u'll be in boston, fuck !
OH, by the time u get back, my violently ignoring you will already be over..
hmmm... i'll find another way to punish u

lol again at the Captain

have a safe trip

11:14 AM, November 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody has been busy. And I am hoping that FordRock acts right.

And you can expect a call from me since I will be in Chicago for a week starting on Saturday.

4:18 PM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger No_the_game said...

Hmmm Uuuuummm hmmmmmm :)

Now we know why somebody was late :) That is cool thought. I would wait a bit longer if I knew you are getting your FREAK on *LOL*

I guess FordRock sounds a good guy :) You bet I will be reading ur blog to see where FordRock relationship goes. I am hoping up to North :))

Good luck with that and enjoy Boston.

Plus I might have a good news for you by Monday :)

With Luv,
No_the_game
Tired of dating games

11:08 PM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Rose said...

Hi E,
I hope this ends the way you want it to. FordRock sounds like a pretty good person.

6:55 PM, November 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope dude acts right, e. just don't fantasize about the marriage just yet. give it a little time...and meanwhile come by my spot cuz i'm posting again.

8:20 PM, November 18, 2006  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

I haven't been here in a minute huh? Heyyyyyyyy...This seems like a nice start to a cute lil romance...I hope it stays that way.

7:54 PM, November 19, 2006  
Blogger Ya boy Maurice said...

Awwww.... He does sound a little promising.

9:22 AM, November 20, 2006  
Blogger Marz said...

I went and read about the other men, that i already read about. SO I forget who the new man is exactly. (LOL)

BUt awwww.


-Marz

11:35 AM, November 20, 2006  
Blogger BK said...

ok so that's the history on Mr. Ford..:) nice..

take it slow umm slower LOL and then you will know

10:24 AM, November 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home