Sunday, November 05, 2006

Dancing Queen

Dancing Queen - ABBA

You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen


Friday night and the lights are low
Looking out for the place to go

Where they play the right music, getting in the swing

You come in to look for a king

Anybody could be that guy

Night is young and the music's high

With a bit of rock music, everything is fine

You're in the mood for a dance

And when you get the chance...


You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourine


You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life

See
that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen

You're a teaser, you turn 'em on

Leave them burning and then you're gone
Looking out for another, anyone will do
You're in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance...


You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen

Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourine


You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life

See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen


That pretty much summed up my Saturday night. I was literally a dancing queen (gotta love the gay terminology...*LOL*) at the Generator. It's not often I get the courage to put myself, ummm, out there on the dance floor. But put myself out there I did. I met Spades and his buddy and his hook-up date there and we danced for nearly two hours. It was wild. Winifred (yeah didn't think I'd see him again...*LOL*) even made an appearance and said hi to Spades and myself. Apparently a birthday isn't the only thing we share. It truly is a small gay world. Hemingway it was cool.

Oddly enough I became really obsessed with the singing group ABBA, thanks to seeing Mamma Mia! while in Vegas. Great show by the way!!! A must see.

As soon as I got back from Vegas, I bought their compilation CD and have been playing their songs non-stop for over two weeks now. Somebody help me.

I'll be really brief on the trip since I did run off at the mouth about my Raleigh trip.

Spades did wind up meeting me in Vegas. He was quite the homosexual metrosexual (if that made sense). I never seen a guy with so many bathroom products. I only had travel size toothpaste, mouthwash, toothbrush, comb, and soap with me. That took up probably less than 5% of the bathroom space. Good thing I guess since he took up over 70% of it.

The room we had was adequate. I think I liked the Wyndham better.

We had a real nice time and I realized that we'll probably be really good friends. I could definitely see us traveling together again.

I didn't get to see Toni Braxton in concert but I did buy some mugs and stuff from the Toni Braxton store in Flamingo. So that was nice.

I lost $110, which wasn't bad for me. I had a brief lucky spill in Keno (at Harrah's) winning about $80 dollars, but I quickly lost that.

That was my trip in a nutshell.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Soldier said...

go E !
its good to know u had fun in a club for once

no comment on the sudden ABBA addiction or the Toni Braxton mugs (?!), nope, not a word... LOL

1:01 AM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger Ladynay said...

You did Vegas no justice! LOL

Glad your trip went well dancing queen!

6:49 AM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger BK said...

ok.. happy belated birthday.. I'm so out of touch.. I have to get caught up..

sounds like a great trip.. LOL @ dancing queen! :) do ya thang love

10:10 AM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger BuddahDesmond said...

Happy belated birthday dancing queen! Glad you had a great trip!

10:32 PM, November 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home