Friday, April 07, 2006

246, My Eye

Forgive the silly title. I was thinking about seeing my favorite musical movie Chicago on TNT a few months ago at a friend's and tripping out during the Cell Block Tango chorus. The lovely "six merry murderesses of Cook county" were doing their spiel. They came up to Miss Six's (ok Annie's) part and after going on about how Ezekiel Young claimed to be single but had six wives, I was waiting for her to say, "Single, my ass!" But the editors at TNT changed it to "Single, my eye!" That gave me quite the WTF moment. So since I experienced a WTF moment last night, I thought I'd incorporate that feeling into my title.

Hemingway I remember it like it was yesterday. Oh yeah, it was yesterday! Hemingway it was bowling night and position night. Okay, you all know from the gist of my post that my team didn't win the 2nd half finals, so I'll spare ya'll the blow by blow details. But my performance was so particularly horrid, I found it amazing that just two weeks earlier I bowled my best series ever. If someone saw me bowl and I told them I bowled a 246 once, they'd give me the WTF look.

You know, maybe if Teebee and I actually met this week, it would've given me the motivation I needed. Heh...I'm just kidding. But TeeBee was in town this week. We had a great conversation but unfortunately our schedules didn't mesh. Have you all seen her new headshots? Girlfriend is even hotter, if that's possible...:-)

So Hemingway we're bowling the same team next week and battling out for winners of the season. One thing I can say, typically after a bad week, I usually bowl better. So maybe I can get it together before then.

This morning my car celebrated a milestone of sorts. It turned the big 100000 o
n my way to work. The exact time of the change...10:00AM. (No I'm not a banker...*LOL*) 10:00 and 100000...cool. I was listening to Mariah Carey's Say Something at the time. Speaking of Say Something, I can't wait until that video finally hits the airwaves. It's my favorite song off of her smash CD Emancipation of Mimi. Ms. Holiday's interview with Mariah/Mimi still cracks me up. Oh my gosh...I'm off on such a tangent.

Back to the car...okay. So I even called Eugene on my way to the job to have him share the momentous occasion. But he had an important call he needed to make around the 99994 mile and had to go. Asshole...*LOL*.

So I shared the moment with Sally later during my lunch break at 1:50 PM. She called me actually during my conference call on my cell in regards to Madonna's upcoming concert at United Center June 14th. They went on sale today. We were trying to get the cheapest tickets but she wound up finding out that the cheapest available at the time was $175 a pop.

I almost had a heart attack. (Thank God for the mute button...*LOL*) She was willing to pay but wanted to make sure I was okay with paying that much. Sally's a big Madonna fan and I knew it'd mean a lot to her to see the show. And you know, the last concert I went to was Janet Jackson's Velvet Rope in 2001 or 2002 (it's been a while...*LOL*), so I told her it was cool. She then threw another monkeywrench and said she forgot her credit card and wondered if I could get the tickets. Normally I would've but you know I was in a conference call and actually had to step back into it at different times whenever I needed to give an update. So since Sally is one of the few people I really trust in my life (we've been friends for almost twelve years), I gave her my credit card info so she could get the tickets.

I'm looking forward to the show actually. It was nice too that Sally wanted to see Madonna with me.

You know, I forgot. Weren't Mariah Carey and Madonna feuding? Imagine me mentioning them both in the same post. Mariah vs. Madonna. Here at my blog. Okay I'm being silly. Hemingway.

TGIF ya'll!

9 Comments:

Blogger Superstar Nic said...

TGIF is right! Whoooo weee, especially after this long rough week I had.

Have a great weekend!

10:08 PM, April 07, 2006  
Blogger GermanChocolateGirl said...

You so inspire me to get back in to bowling! I'm going to get TeeBee to go with me when she gets back from Chicago.

10:53 PM, April 07, 2006  
Blogger Clay said...

im debating about getting madonna tickets too for nyc but they are way to expensive for two hours of lip syncing -- also, madonna and mariah have made up .. mariah spoke highly of her at the Grammys!

11:15 PM, April 09, 2006  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Congrats with your car. My car just turned the big 114,000!!! I'm proud - so I know you are. LOL

6:44 AM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

Madonna is a loser to Madonna...$175 a ticket??? hell to the nah...I will never watch someone lip-sync throughout a show for more than $10.

1:15 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

Clay - Madonna and Mariah never made up...Mariah was putting on a front.

1:16 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

You watch your ODOMETER too? When my car got stolen I knew exactly how far they went (1 mile) cuz my car was @ 399 then it was @ 401......

9:08 AM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Cash S. said...

Aww, go ahead and live a little...get the tickets!

11:50 AM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Ya boy Maurice said...

LOL... wow! Im was tripping when my old car hit 50k. Now I got the new one and I have put over 5k on it already. Since I plan on keeping it.. Ill let you know when I hit 36, 50k, and 100k.. Then it will be gone! LOL

12:52 PM, April 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home