Saturday, December 01, 2007

Together Again

Together Again - Janet Jackson

[Intro]
There are times when I look above and beyond
There are times when I feel your love around me baby
I'll never forget ma' baby
(I'll never forget you)

[Verse 1]
There are times when I look above and beyond
There are times when I feel your love around me baby
I'll never forget ma' baby

When I feel that I don't belong
Draw my strength from the words that you said
Hey, it's about you baby
Look deeper instead you baby

Dream about us together again
When I want us together again baby
I know we'll be together again 'cause

[Chorus]
Everywhere I go
Everywhere I see
I know you are there
Smilin' back at me

Dancin' in moonlight
I know you are free
'Cuz I see your star
Shining down at me

(Together again, ooh)
Good time we'll share again
(Together again, ooh)
That makes me wanna dance

(Together again, ooh)
Say it loud and proud
(Together again, ooh)
All my love's for you

[Verse 2]
Always been a true angel to me
Now above, I can't wait for you
To wrap your wings around me baby
Wrap them around me baby

Sometimes hear you whispering
No more pain
No worries will you ever see now baby
I'm so happy for ma baby

I dream about us together again
When I want us together again baby
I know we'll be together again 'cause

[Repeat Chorus]

I'm together again. I always loved this song when it came out. The inspiration for this song came from a friend of Janet's who died from AIDS. The up-tempo song became a dance anthem of sorts for speaking out about AIDS. It seemed a fitting title for today's entry since December 1st is World AIDS Day and I'm finally together again.

Eugene inadvertently admitted to crying when watching on demand this movie called 'The Cure' last night. The movie no doubt was available in anticipation of World AIDS Day. The story is about a friendship that blossomed between two young boys, one of whom got the AIDS virus from a blood transfusion. The other boy in the equation was caught up in an abusive relationship with his mother. I may have to rent this one day as well.

It's just so sad seeing the devastation AIDS has caused for many. Even though AIDS is labeled as a gay disease, it can happen to both gay and straight folks. I really hope a cure is found soon, though the conspiracy theorist in me don't see the manufacturers of the current "treatments" for AIDS giving up their milk cow. That's the big problem with medicine. It always a masker of symptoms but never a cure. But that's another debate.

Hemingway my holiday was pretty cool. Sally and I decided to drive together to Detroit. It was my first time driving to Detroit in my brand new baby Altima. She's been a bit down after being unfairly fired from her recent job. In a nutshell, her boss unfortunately was quite the asshole and she was finding it increasingly difficult to work with him. She mentioned how other folks in the company were afraid of him and would come to her instead for different issues encountered. But she wouldn't kiss his butt or tell him how great he was, which would irk him. But that's enough about that.

My time in Detroit itself was pretty mundane. It was actually cool Thanksgiving night, though, since the entire family was together again for dinner. We haven't had that for a while, mainly cause Trina usually wouldn't visit until later in the evening. But her last few visits have been without her guy. I'm wondering if there's trouble in paradise there. But Hemingway she even bought her new cat over to interact with the other cats. That went really well as you can imagine...*LOL*.

The rest of the weekend I did my usual running errands with my parents deal. Both of them enjoyed riding in my Altima.

Before leaving for Chicago, Trina came over for a bit and we all decided to do Secret Santa again. This time I wound up picking Trina's name. It seemed fitting that I got her name this time considering I came out to her last visit. So I'll have to think of something good to get her.

So today I'm heading over to Rock's place to help him put together his Christmas tree. It's actually my second time helping him with the tree. One of my first visits (if not my first visit) involved helping him with the tree. He's a bit under the weather so he's a bit moody but otherwise it should be fun. I even bought some Sesame Street character ornaments to put on his tree. Sadly I found the Ernie ornament but couldn't find Bert. You know to complete the set...:-)

The weather is supposed to be sucky later today so I'll defiintely have to leave a little earlier to avoid the brunt of the storm. Bah....I hate winter. *LOL*.

On a happier note, let's end this entry the way it started.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger E said...

Sigh. My trip to see Rock is cancelled. The freezing rain/snow mix started earlier than expected. So we'll probably just meet at a half way point after work one day next week.

1:16 PM, December 01, 2007  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

awww, sorry to hear that. i hope it's still snowing when i get up there. maybe we can meet for lunch or something? i agree with you that the money makers in the AIDS epidemic choose to put money or humanity. we can put a man on the moon, but not cure a disease that is less than 30yrs old?

in any event, your coming out to your sister inspired me, and i'll blog about how a little later. have fun this weekend!

4:59 PM, December 01, 2007  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Wasn't that Altima great on the interstate. All that passing power is addictive.

And i'm glad that you put in piece about the pharmaceutical companies and their greed.

Finally, I heard about the weather up there. It's one of the things that I don't miss about Chicago. But can you believe that today I was thinking that I missed the city?

7:53 PM, December 02, 2007  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Ahhhh Bert and Ernie, childrens tvs first and maybe only gay couple.

9:04 AM, December 03, 2007  
Blogger Cash S. said...

What are you getting him for Christmas?

1:47 PM, December 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janet...must have been going through writing that song!

9:47 PM, December 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home