Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A Year In The Rock

In a couple days Rock and I will officially be celebrating our one year anniversary. I'm really happy that we're reaching this milestone. For me it's a personal one since he's my first serious relationship and my longest relationship.

It's so much work trying to maintain it between us. But he's definitely worth his weight in gold.

For our anniversary weekend, we're actually thinking about checking out the new Muvico theatre that opened in Rosemont. I remember Rock mentioning that Ned and his guy went to that theatre around the time it first opened last September. We were driving along I-294 on our way to pick up my "brand new baby" and I remember how excited Rock got when he saw the theatre from the expressway. From what I hear, you can even have dinner while watching your movie.

I actually went to a similar type establishment a couple years back called Hollywood Boulevard. Interestingly I was on a date with a woman. It was actually the date I briefly alluded to in my now infamous "Catering To MF(s)" entry (hey it's still on my profound rambles list I really need to update that...*LOL*.).

At some point in the weekend, we also wanted to make a trip out to the outlet mall to get some new answers to the question 'what am I going to wear today?'. A hour or two chilling at Starbuck's and general chilling out time is also in our future.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. Rock joked that he really wanted us to make it to a year and once the anniversary is over, we could break up at 12:01 AM the next day. But seriously, we both agree that we definitely want to "keep each other" for as long as possible. Through both the good times and bad times in our relationship, I couldn't imagine my life without him.

Here's to my continued journey with Rock. Who knows where the next chapter may lead?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Cash S. said...

Awwww, congratulations! I'm sure you two will have a great time celebrating. Definitely check out Muvico!

7:54 AM, November 08, 2007  
Blogger Harold Gibson said...

E this post was so sweet I need some insulin.

9:23 AM, November 08, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Jones said...

Congratulations. Serious. So few black SGL relationships don't last for long. 1 gay year is like 5 straight years.

We have a Movico in Bmore. It's cool, nothing special, but with its 24 screens its the most visited movie theater in the country. Or something like that.

Congrats again. Seriously.

6:23 PM, November 08, 2007  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Awwwww! Congratulations. I am sooooo glad that you 2 decided to stick with it and stay together.

7:42 AM, November 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home