Wednesday, November 14, 2007

New Bag Tag

Post #301 (yeah my last entry on the fight for my time between my man and my friend was my 300th entry...woo hoo!) is none other than a tag by Mr Sean Stone. It's been a while since I've been tagged by anyone so I welcome the challenge.

So Hemingway...

The rules of this game:

  • Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.

  • Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.

  • Tag 7 random people at the end of your post.

  • Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
First rule....done. Free advertising done. I'm willing to support the cause...*LOL*.

Second rule....hmm. Okay here we go.

1) I got excited once when I met Ariel Growth Fund manager (at the time) Eric McKissack at O'hare years back near baggage claim. I knew of him reading articles featuring him at Black Enterprise. He seemed surprised that anyone would recognize him. He's a sexy guy as well but of course I didn't tell him that.

2) I also met an economist occasionally featured in Black Enterprise sometime in 2004 while stuck in a four hour layover on a trip to Denver, Colorado. Her name was Dr. Margaret Simms who's part of the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies group. I was overly excited to meet her as well and like Mr. Mckissack, she was surprised to be recognized.

3) My trip to Denver involved meeting a guy from Atlanta for a weekend booty call. The significance being that neither of us ever visited Denver before.

4) If I wasn't working in IT, I wouldn't mind being a school teacher. My range of kids that I'd want to teach would be from pre-school to 4th grade.

5) I once did the #2 on the carpet of a major retail store. Of course I was a kid then. I also hid behind a store mirror and wall.

6) My first near death experience happened when a church chandelier almost came crashing down my head. It happened while I helped out cleaning it.

7) I lucked out once on not getting a $375 speeding ticket. The cop about to give me one received a call about another pressing emergency. I was still grateful and shook his hand.

The third and fourth rules I'm going to bypass. If anyone reading this wants to do their own 7 random or weird facts, go right ahead and do so.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Cash S. said...

My jaw dropped when I read number 5. Glad you cleared it up and explained you were kid when that happened lol.

10:40 AM, November 15, 2007  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

The number 2 on the carpet?!?! my, oh my!

8:14 AM, November 16, 2007  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Hey - e-mail me please...darius@dariustwililams.org. It's kinda important.

8:41 AM, November 20, 2007  
Blogger Ladynay said...

I think the retail store fact stood out the most! ROFL

I am also glad you explained cuz a flava of love joke was brewing! *wink*

2:20 PM, November 26, 2007  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

you're an economist groupie!

10:35 PM, November 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home