Friday, December 14, 2007

No Ordinary Sub

No Ordinary Love - Sade

[Verse 1]
I gave you all the love I got
I gave you more than I could give

I gave you love
I gave you all that I have inside

And you took my love
You took my love


Didn't I tell you

What I believe

Somebody say that

A love like that won't last

Didn't I give you

All that I've got to give baby


I gave you all the love I got

I gave you more than I could give

I gave you love

I gave you all that I have inside
And you took my love

You took my love


[Chorus]

I keep crying
I keep trying for you

There's nothing like you and I baby


This is no ordinary love
No ordinary
love
This is no ordinary love

No ordinary love


[Verse 2]
When you came my way

You brightened every day

With your sweet smile


Didn't I tell you

What I believe

Did somebody say that
A love like that won't last

Didn't I give you
All that I've got to give baby


[Chorus]

[Bridge]
Keep trying for you
Keep crying for you

Keep flying for you

Keep flying

I'm falling
I'm falling

Keep trying for you

Keep crying for you
Keep flying for you

Keep flying and I'm falling


and I'm falling

Whatever did happen to Sade? She sorta disappeared for a minute there. I know if I'm feeling depressed, next to Phyllis Hyman, I typically pop a Sade CD.

This post is work related so you know I'm depressed. First of all, I'm still there. *LOL* As if that's not depressing enough, headquarters is moving further away. As much as the current building grated, I'll admit to missing it. If nothing else, I'll miss the 35 minute commute, which was not too long but not too short.

I was reminded today of another thing I'll miss. There's this particular Subway that I frequent more than any others. The funny thing about Subway's is that no two locations are ever alike. One location I liked the staff but the sub's were average. Another location the staff was bad but the prices of subs were a little cheaper. Yet another location the prices were higher but the sub's tasted great. But this location I'm blogging about has it all. Great staff, fair prices, delicious subs.

In the couple years I've gone there (and actually I should buy a franchise as often as I go there), I've taken a liking to the tuna sub. It just tastes so fresh and good. I usually include the same toppings on my subs too. Cucumbers, carrots, green peppers, onions, gardenaria (at least that's how I think it's spelled), a dash of honey mustard, oil, and vinegar on a honey oat bun. I match it with Baked Lays.

In fact I order the same sub so much that they even get my sub started before I walk into the restaurant. Now how's that for service. One of the ladies there gets it down exactly right, the others almost get it right but I have to tell them to hold the cheese. They do all this and I barely have to utter a word.

Today in particular was wild. I was parking my car and this one lady in a big ass truck parks and is about to get out of her truck. She gives me this look as she steps out of her truck and then sets the alarm. I see her racing to get in as I get out of my car. So she gets in first and I follow momentarily later. So Hemingway the lady who always wants to include the cheese gets started on my sub. Needless to say I get ahead of the other lady.

All she could do was look with envy as I completed my order before another person half way started hers. I thanked my server, pumped my head up in the air, smirked, and walked with an air of confidence back to my ride. "See ya wouldn't want to be ya!!!!!"

I'm so going to miss that Subway when our company moves. I'm thinking of writing a thank you letter to the owner of this Subway telling them how much I appreciate their workers going the extra mile for me. Of course it's easier when I order the same thing but the fact that they can even remember what I order considering the hundreds of people that come in there daily makes me feel good. It actually is one of the highlights of my workday.

In light of all the bad service I've received from time to time that seems to be the rule, they have been the true exceptions. They give new meaning to the word 'customer service'.

Bet noone thought I'd be blogging about Subway...title aside:-)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger WhozHe said...

First Subway posting I think i've ever read. Anyway, I think it would be cool if you let them knwo how you appreciate their service. It's just a nice gesture.

6:21 AM, December 16, 2007  
Blogger Cash S. said...

You are so right, no two Subway's are alike! Isn't Honey Oat the best? I love it!

I frequent the Potbelly's near my job and the staff there pretty much has my sandwich down to the T. When I walk in, they already know lol. I love it!

9:23 AM, December 17, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow... an entire posting on our love for the fast food lunch joints...LOL
Pa, we're going to need to get you in a book club or gossip group or something... but seriously, I felt you on it. It's all BMT and hot chicken subs for me!

10:14 AM, December 17, 2007  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

I can fully understand this post. There was a restaurant in Birmingham called The Purple Onion that we used to go to on Saturday night after we left a party of club. The staff knew that we were coming in at 3am and would always be prepared to fix a Cheeseburger and ranch dressing coated french fries!!!

10:38 AM, December 17, 2007  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

I'm so with u on the honey oat...but I'm fat and I need extra cheese. plus, can't do...and I mean can't...subway without three cookies. they went up from .99 to 1.39, but they're still worth it.

9:10 PM, December 18, 2007  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

you should so write a letter! a lot of times the bad experiences stick in our minds and prompt us to do things. i bet they'd all appreciate it. ;)

1:28 PM, December 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home