Wednesday, April 04, 2007

1984 In 2007

Somebody's Watching Me - Rockwell

I'm just an average man with an average life
I work from nine to five, hey, hell, I pay the price
All I want is to be left alone in my average home
But why do I always feel like I'm in the twilight zone

I always feel like somebody's watching me
And I Have No Privacy
I always feel like somebody's watching me
Tell Mi Is It Just A Dream

When I come home at night
I bolt the door real tight
People call me on the phone, I'm trying to avoid
But can the people on TV see me or am I just paranoid

When I'm in the shower I'm afraid to wash my hair
Cause I might open my eyes and find someone standing there
People say I'm crazy, just a little touched
But maybe showers remind me of Psycho too much
That's why...

I always feel like somebody's watching me
And I Have No Privacy
I always feel like somebody's watching me
Who's Playin' Trics On Me

(instrumental)

I don't know anymore
Are the neighbors watching me
Well is the mailman watching me
And I don't feel safe anymore, oh what a mess
I wonder who's watching me now--- (BOOO!) -The IRS?

I always feel like somebody's watching me
And I Have No Privacy
I always feel like somebody's watching me
Tell Me Is It Just A Dream

I always feel like somebody's watching me
And I Have No Privacy
I always feel like somebody's watching me
I always feel like somebody's watching me

I always feel like somebody's watching me
I always feel like somebody's watching me
Tell Me This Can't Be

I always feel like somebody's watching me
I always feel like somebody's watching me
I always feel like somebody's watching me

I had the pleasure this week of having SLAB sitting directly across me all this week. The hard drive on his laptop crashed last Friday so he didn't have a PC to work with. It just so happened that Dan, who normally sits across from me decided to take a training class till Wednesday. So lucky me, I got the pleasure of having SLAB near me. For the most part, aside from the barrage of visitors, which actually Dan has a lot of those too, it wasn't bad. But I always got the feeling that SLAB could turn around to bug me at inopportune times (which he usually does). Those times include when I'm surfing the net. So I wasn't feeling really comfortable and I actually was forced to do more work. Imagine that!

There's nothing like Big Brother watching your back. SLAB is cool for the most part, though he's very high strung. I can usually take him in small doses so it was a bit challenging knowing he was nearby. Plus I didn't want to get into work too late in case he was there. Not to mention I didn't want to leave too early or take too long of a lunch.

Thank goodness Dan's back tomorrow. It'll be semi back to normal. (Run-on sentence warning. Run-on sentence warning.) I only have to worry about my neighbors watching my coming and going & wondering if Rock's my boyfriend & if I'm gay & if Charles decides he has an emergency and wants to move in for a week instead of the month or two he originally was asking & if Charles, Rock, and I are in a menage-a-trois. *LOL*.

I haven't talked about bowling in a minute. The one team I was on in my old league no longer had a need for me. I thought I was done for the season until an old rival team from my newer league found out that my team had disbanded. I was immediately recruited and for the most part I've been going every Wednesday.

I haven't been as into it since I'm not the captain. But my current average is 165 and our team currently is in first place going into the final weeks. Last Wednesday I actually picked up a 6-7-10 split, so that was exciting. Plus it was much needed since that wound up being the difference in picking up series that week. I'm having a lot more fun this time. I guess it's a little easier since I'm not captain.

In other work news, my ten year anniversary is coming up next week. I know I've said before that upon hitting my anniversary that I would send in my two week notice. Unfortunately a couple things have happened that isn't allowing me to make leaving a reality just yet.

First I don't have the financial cushion that I wanted to have. My goal was to have at least a year's worth of salary saved up that I could live off. I only have two months at most. I'm still waiting for one of my stocks to give me the big break. Isn't it crazy how these stocks don't work on my schedule? *LOL*.

Second there's the issue of the anniversary lunch. It's a right of passage to have the company pay for you and a set number of people depending on your years of service if it's a milestone year. Ten years is a milestone. I'm merging my lunch with Deidre and Witty. We've scheduled it for late April. Having the lunch will get it off peoples' radar as it's always the talk of my co-workers when I'm having it. The hilarious thing I even have one desperately trying to crash my lunch. Crazy.

Third we're losing a key person on the team in May and I don't want to leave the team in a lurch. This one, yeah, it shouldn't matter as much. I mean it's either you or them since nobody theoretically should be staying in a position forever. But unfortunately this project that I'm on is really starting to take off and I'm getting an inexperienced person as a replacement. Call me crazy but I still have a heart. Actually had my tenth been last year, it would've been so much easier, project wise, for me to leave.

If I do leave, though, May is definitely the time to do it, third reason aside. Serious coding begins in June and July and then it would really be a rough time to leave. Or easy depending how you look at it...*LOL*.

One thing, though, if that day ever comes, I have to come up with some excuse as to why I'm leaving and what's next on the horizon. People always want to know that stuff. But I don't want to tell them that I'm leaving to go daytrading. It's hard enough convincing those close to me that I want to do this without thinking I'm crazy. I don't need to hear it from well meaning co-workers. I have a couple angles that I'm working on, though. We'll see.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

I am working on my exit process as well and I am on 5 years not 10! You are a good one!

1:11 PM, April 06, 2007  
Blogger BK said...

hey family!!! that rockwell used to be my joint!!! *with his jerri curl in da video* LOL :)

when the time is right for you to move on you will.. don't force it and don't burn any bridges.. you never know when yuo may need to cross back over..

*I'm stumped* what's daytrading?

3:33 PM, April 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home