Friday, February 09, 2007

Cruising Through Life

I still can't believe I was being cruised last week. Okay....I guess I was since everyone here unanimously thought that was the case. I guess I was looking kinda fly that night. Plus I may have given the white mall security guy a lil side eye with a hint of smirk when I first passed him. Maybe that's the universal signal meaning 'follow me everywhere I go'. *LOL*

Hemingway besides that, it's been an interesting month so far. My garage decided to breakdown on me late last week. I was all set to go to work Monday morning when the mechanism that connects the door to the bar & chain decides to break. So I can only manually open the door. That would be fine but when I manually open it, the door doesn't seem to catch. As a result, the door wants to shut back when I'm not holding it. I wound up having to put a step ladder to hold it open so I could get my car out. I've found a couple of potential garage places but I haven't called them yet. So my car's been outside for almost two weeks.

Of course these last two weeks we've had quite the sub-zero temperatures in Chicago. It forces me to question once again why I'm still here. My locks on the car have been acting up for the last several days as well. It's so irritating.

Tuesday morning we had a bit of a snowstorm in the area. Making my way to work that day was wild. I even found myself spinning out on the freeway when I was forced to break suddenly. The car ended up facing the wrong side of the expressway. Luckily there wasn't much traffic behind me and I was able to manuever my way to the median. I was horrified, though, fearing I would be the cause of a 40 car pile up. I was really shook up for the rest of the day and didn't go out for lunch that day. The situation's made me thankful for being alive. God was really watching out for me that morning.

And get this. I was hit on again in the most unlikely of places (for me). I went to Bally's Thursday evening for a workout session. An older mid-40ish in shape white guy came up to me and started conversing with me. I admit I saw a profile of his back while he was working out on one of the back machines. It was nice but his face didn't do anything for me and I'm a face man. I had my music on minding my own beeswax when he started this trite conversation about the weather. I took off one ear piece to engage in conversation. He then did the whole you only work out here, how often do you work out, does your wife cook dinner for you jazz. Yeah he was fishing for info. I answered his requests with the most basic of answers. Then after some chatting about some friend getting early retirement from Motorola, he gave me a pound and went about his business.

First mall security dude and now this. It must be something in the air. I told Rock about the incident and aside from joking about needing to kill him told me that it's Murphy's Law. Basically since Rock and I are seeing each other, it's during those times that other guys seem to come out of the woodwork. I swear that shit like this never happens to me when I'm single. Then again one could argue that I may be more observant of such things now that I am in a relationship.

Hemingway speaking of Rock, he and I are supposed to be heading to the Auto Show tomorrow morning with a couple of his friends. I've never met these friends before but I've spoken briefly to both over the phone in the past and they're dying to meet me. The plan is to hit the Auto Show early enough before the big crowds and then once we look at particular models, head out to lunch.

I was a bit bummed that Rock wasn't able to meet No_The_Game and Sally (who themselves met each other for the first time) last weekend when we went to House of Noodles and Sushi. It was really cold that day and he had made prior plans. But that's neither here or now I guess. There will be other times no doubt. As for my outing, other than the sucky wait time and the sub-zero weather (tip...definitely plan on getting there before 5:15PM), we had an excellent time.

At least now the weather's better. We're finally in the low 20s. Woo hoo!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger That Dude Right There said...

I'm jealous cause I never get hit on while at the gym. That may have something to do with the fact that I have stopped going.

9:55 AM, February 14, 2007  
Blogger Ladynay said...

It's the way of the world, nobody pays attention till you have real interest in someone else or involved with someone! :-(

7:16 AM, February 15, 2007  
Blogger SGL CafĂ©.com said...

yeah 'dude', I'm pretty sure you gotta go to get hit on.

but don't feel bad, I never get hit on either. well, no, I get hit on my women all the time.

it think its one of life's little fuck yous.

and lady nay, ur right. i'm trying to cultivate that into an interest in myself. i mean, be totally self-absorbed til it seems like I'm not interested in anybody -- and then they line up around the block to get in my pants.

Okay, it hasn't worked yet. But the theory is solid.

5:39 PM, February 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home