Monday, November 14, 2005

Life Rec(r)ap

I saw the Boondocks cartoon series last night for the first time and I only have to say one thing...JACKPOT! For a nice synopsis of the episode itself, check out Clay Cane's thread. (You know, I've been linking to his thread a lot lately. I should get hazard pay...*LOL*) I especially loved seeing the Whitney/Bobby cartoon loop again. That scene was off the hook. Hell to the YES!

I have to give Regina King props too. I didn't even recognize her voice. And actually since Huey is ten and Riley is eight, it makes sense that their voices wouldn't be booming deep.

I was totally feeling the episode. Though, is it just me, or was there too many freaking commercials? I think there may have been ten minutes of show and twenty minutes of commercial. It was a bit annoying. But the show seems to be worth it, so far. I'll be back.

It was a typical Monday at work. SLAB was bordering on working my last nerve with his zany personality. I swear, everytime he sees me, he's like 'my main man E'. Then he always wants to pat me in the shoulders. I thought I was able to get that under control but it's been creeping back. I don't know...when he does it, it makes me feel like I'm his pet or something. Good doggie.

In other news, one of my co-workers (we'll call him Dan) got married last week and took that week and today off. He's back in the office tomorrow and the group is taking him out for lunch. In addition, a couple team members were decorating his cube and since I sit across from him, I was enlisted to help. Of course, one of them asked me when they'll be decorating my cube. In other words, when am I planning to get married. I sighed as I said not anytime soon. Funny thing is, I always seemed to have gotten a gay vibe from Dan. It wasn't like he hit on me or anything (not that that's the prerequisite to being gay) but the way he carried himself and said cutesy words like "baggies" kind of pinged my dar. I mean, of course, there are guys with those tendencies that aren't gay, so I'm completely stereotyping. His wife was married before and has two kids while this is his first marriage. I definitely wish him the best, of course.

With him jumping the broom, that leaves me and an older divorced lady with a grown daughter as the only unmarried people in the group. Sylvia, of course, nobody expects to get married again. But there's me still. I'm anticipating even more dodging in my future...*LOL*.

Actually that's pretty much all that's going on currently. For the moment, other than some minor health issues (stupid blood pressure fluctuating from time to time), things are a bit dull. But I'm sure that'll change in a New York Minute.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i watched it ... and will post about it on my blog ...

9:37 AM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Clay said...

you know i am the fan of that show -- yeah, you have been linking my blog a lot! i just recently hit 10,000 hits - i owe some of those to you! lol

11:37 PM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

I'm looking forward to purchasing that show on DVD if it ever comes out.

4:12 PM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

So you have that Blood Pressure Problem also! Ain't it a BITCH?

8:57 PM, November 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home