Friday, March 23, 2007

Courting Fate

Well I had my day in court. Aside from the annoying metal detector security guy (he's not even worth more than the brief mention), the overall outcome went better than expected. I was a few minutes late entering the court room, no thanks to the long ass metal detector line, in no part due to the incompetent security guy (emotional walls, E!!! emotional walls, E!!!...*LOL*). Of course, my cop was in the room. So there was no getting off. At least, nonsexually. Let me quit...*LOL*.

Hemingway I was a bit surprised when the cop sorta nodded at me as I parked myself in the back row. But I didn't get a chance to let that sink in before the clerk motioned me to identify myself. I walked up front towards the clerk and once my identity was confirmed, I parked myself in the front row. Moments later I saw a sign to the right of me saying only police and attorneys can sit up front. But nobody called me on it...so it was all good.

So moments later, the judge entered the chambers and after swearing in, the festivities began. Things started off with a lengthy case relating to a car accident and identifying which party was at fault. While this case was going on, I noticed my cop passed a note to the bailiff to pass to the judge. Interesting I thought.

So Hemingway the moment of truth came and it was time for me to go up. I quickly verified my insurance information. With that out of the way, the judge then asked for my plea on the speeding ticket. I pleaded guilty, of course. I nervously awaited his asking me about the evading of the officer. But he didn't. Instead he simply fined me $75 for the ticket and then $55 for some bogus court fees. And as long as I don't get another speeding ticket in the next six months, it won't go on my record. The end.

I felt pretty good as I went out to pay the clerk. It took me a minute to register that my cop must've sent a note to the judge to drop the evading police ticket. I was feeling special about only paying $130 in total until I overheard a lot of folks paying $130. And there you go.

So I got my driver's license back just in time to get a rental for my weekend speed trip to Detroit. I went to the store earlier this evening to buy my folks some fruits and vegetables. I also bought some fava beans as I've read studies that fava beans may help patients with Parkinson's due to its levodopa contents. Anything that might help my Mom should be tried.

I'll need to be extra mindful not to get another speeding ticket this weekend. Wish me luck.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Soldier said...

thats it ??
You aint goin 2 jail ? You didnt end up with a 500 $ fine ?
Brother here was expecting something juicy !! lol
just kiddin, im happy it turned out that way. usually things r always ok if u show up in court ( i have experience in that field TRRRRUST ME lol)
So have a nice weekend and pliz no more tickets, if u have money to spend, spend it on something thats worth it, like a gift for me, ok ? lol
Hope things go smoothly with ur folks :-)

10:05 PM, March 23, 2007  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

The officer thought you were cute and decided to let you off easily.

10:44 AM, March 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are better than me...I usually get contempt of court and the high fees for cussing out the prosecuting attorneys and the judge like I did in Hammond, Indiana.

8:26 PM, March 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home