Thursday, August 14, 2008

Motivated Blob

I so need to log into work after this post, so it'll be relatively quick.

But Hemingway (haven't used that term in a minute) I just back from a quick hour work out. I had extra motivation from a picture Eugene had me look at this morning. Nothing like looking at hottie Daniel Jacobs to motivate you to go in the gym.





Only problem. The workout today was an extra struggle. I didn't quite reach my 10,000 strides on the elliptical. It was more around 8300. I think my splurging on a whole pound of plantain chips was to blame. Bad E I know. So good but so bad. So so good...wasn't even hungry for lunch. So pretty much yesterday that and some gummi worms was all I had to eat. Bad bad bad.





But hey. At least I did something. I wish I were in Cancun like Rock (it was a trip that his bff and he had planned a year back) but it's okay. Well back to my personal work hell.

By the way, a tip I learned from Sally while she was job hunting. Not sure if I mentioned it but she found a new job working at Home Depot full-time and Eddie Bauer part-time. They're not her ideal job but it gets her out of the house and some income in her pocket. But Hemingway the tip. She said that you can apply to get a certificate in substitute teaching. Once you have that certificate which is good for a year, if you get laid off, you can apply at different school districts to get a job subbing. If they select you, they pay you at minimum $100 a day (even if you don't teach). I printed out an application from the Illinois School Board of Education and am in the process of mailing it out along with a transcript from my University. You have to do what you gotta do in this market. Best thing, at least you can say on interviews that you have a current job. Just passing it along.

Hemingway let me log back to work before I get in trouble. Ciao.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Great tip...but are you looking for a job? And yea, Cancun sounds wonderful - lol.

9:43 PM, August 16, 2008  
Blogger Mr. Jones said...

That's just too much muscle. LoL.

10:41 AM, August 19, 2008  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

At least you went to the gym. I haven't seen Bally's since January and it shows.

And I guess we're both thinking about other jobs.

10:44 PM, August 19, 2008  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

okay he's waaaay too big. and i wouldn't teach any kids older than elementary. otherwise, i'd go to jail

4:26 PM, August 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home