Friday, July 14, 2006

Brain Drain

Anyone miss me?

I can't believe it's been almost a week since my last update. That's a lie. I do believe it.

The blog was the first and last thing on my mind these past few days. Work has been crazy this week. I was logging in some 10-12 hour days for half of the week. I was in a training class for several days not only learning but also co-ordinating it with the instructor, a happy go lucky Panamian man running his own training company.

He didn't rent a car so I was dropping him off at his hotel every night this week.

I was so drained that I neglected my workouts, though I had a nice bit of help spraining my ankle earlier in the month. It happened the evening of the 7th as I made my way to a Chili's. I misjudged a step and wound up twisting my ankle.

I was in pain all night and into Friday, even taking off work. So yeah, that affected my workouts.

Luckily my ankle's much better now (aside from an occasional light soreness still) and I broke my hiatus away from the gym by going this past Thursday morning and resuming my Friday evening workouts. Yay!

The highlight of last weekend was my meeting fellow blogger No_The_Game, one half of the dynamic No Game Team that runs their relationship blog. Our meeting was a long time in the making. I know she was dying to meet me as I was her. We could never get things straight until last week.

No_The_Game met me inside of a Caribou Coffee shop. I knew it was her right away based on a previous picture I've seen of her. She had no idea who I was and told me that I didn't look like she expected me to. There I go defying all stereotypes again...*LOL*.

Hemingway we went to an Indian buffet restaurant for lunch where we both threw down to some good eating. I love Indian food since I was first introduced to it when working my first job for a predominantely Indian company.

She's a great person to talk to. She's very full of life and I look forward to hanging out with her again real soon.

In the midst of all the craziness, I wound up meeting a guy. Actually we were chatting before the crazy week. This guy cooresponded with Eugene, who in turn pointed him my way.

Mr. Lemonade seemed too be a real cool guy. He was born in California and raised in New Orleans. He seemed really into his family (recounting his parent's 50th wedding anniversary party) and is very smart, finishing high school at the ripe old age of 15 & graduating from Xavier college before he turned 20 in Electrical Engineering. He said that he worked for the CTA as an Electrical Engineer, working the crazy hours of 6PM-6AM.

Hemingway to make a long story short, I made the mistake of meeting Mr. Lemonade at his place after work on Monday. He's off from his job Sunday-Tuesday. I should've made a suggestion we meet for dinner instead of assuming we'd go to dinner.

I wound up breaking my six month celibacy and having sex with him. I should've stopped him but I didn't. We cuddled for a bit and afterwards he then did the whole 'I'm tired' spiel and while not telling me I had to leave, he didn't exactly make me feel welcome anymore. When he started dialing folks on the phone, I knew it was my cue to go. I'll be damn if I'm sitting there while he's talking to other people.

As I made my way to the door, he got up and kissed me. I was about to leave but remembered I left my umbrella there, so I went back to get that.

Other than some IM's I received when getting home apologizing for being tired, I haven't heard a peep from him. Sex kills. I know it but I still do it.

Bah.

Maybe I should go to the Gay Games. Lord knows games are what gays are good at...*LOL*.

With that, I wrap up on my 200th post!!!!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Soldier said...

congratulations on this 200th post !!

on the sex thing, sometimes our memory needs to be refreshed on how we dont wanna feel again.
Now you remember exactly why you didn't wanna have sex with just anybody.

It could have been worse...

4:01 AM, July 15, 2006  
Blogger No_the_game said...

Hey,

Now my name is engraved on your blog. Yayyyy!!!!

Congrad on your 200th!!! It is a mile stone.

Yeah we live and learn. When I encounted sit like that I look at it a confirmation process. Sometimes confirmation process take a bit longer than we want it to be. Right now what only once thing matters: Was it good ;).

Luv,
No_the_game

7:35 PM, July 15, 2006  
Blogger Cash S. said...

Solider makes a great point.

I hope the sex was mind blowing!

11:50 AM, July 16, 2006  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Calling folks while you have company? How rude! There are plenty of other cues you can give before being rude! Dang!

Like everyone else stated, I hope it was good physically....

5:05 AM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

At least you got some. I'm on four months of abstinence myself and I don't think that it's gonna last much longer.

And I also congratulate you on your 200th.

9:15 PM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger Marz said...

Congrats on your 200th, I've SOOO PASSED That.(LOL)

I thought I was going something having my associate's at 18, MY LAWD. (LOL)

MR> LEMONADE. I find it so intriguing the way us bloggers name our associates/loves/friends. LOL


-Marz

9:38 PM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger BK said...

congrats on 200.. and errrr it better had been some bomb ass sex LOL :)

and he musta been hellafione OR SOMETHING to make you break your celibacy LOL..

12:01 PM, July 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home