Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hey, It's Me...Remember Me?

*LOL*...Eugene used to utter those words to me whenever I overextended myself to certain people. There were times when every time I see someone, I felt compelled to say hi, even if the other person could care less to be bothered. Hemingway...

Miss me? Anyone even notice I was gone. That's me....Mr. Cellophane. Mr. Cellophane. Shoulda been my name. Mr. Cellophane. Cause you can look right through me. Walk right by me...and never know I'm there. Hmm...I could so be The Mole. Like I think Clay Cauley is. He's so under the radar. I so could do that. I bet he's the Mole. Hopefully the fools at ABC won't yank it off the air before I find out if I'm right. Unfortunately the ratings haven't been all that great for the show. Though I'm not sure what idiot thought it was smart to put the show at 10PM EST on a Monday after the dreck that's currently called The Bachelor(ette).

I didn't think The Mole would ever see the light of day after the bastards at ABC canned it four years back. But thanks to the uncertain writer's strike and some behind the scenes magic, The Mole has managed to make its way back to TV. Needless to say I've been really happy to see it since I still think The Mole's the best reality TV show out there.

Rock has a thing for the new host Jon Kelley. He says that he's his "one allowance" if he had to step out of the relationship. Personally he doesn't do anything for me. Then again my current "one allowance" is Terry Crews, a guy on a totally different spectrum. I saw Crews on White Chicks this past weekend and damn was he exuding sexuality.

Speaking of relationships, Rock and I are having a bit of a rough spot. Same issues keep creeping back in. Control issues primarily. I don't feel like talking about it anymore. The relationship's limping along but I feel like we're both dancing around ultimately calling it quits. It's like that classic Gladys Knight song 'Neither One Of Us'. We'll see.

In happier news, Tasha mentioned that she's in the market for a new home. I was so happy when she told me the news. I know the biggest reason my parents have held on to the old house we grew up in was due to Tasha still living there. The neighborhood they are in is unfortunately on its last legs. Drug dealers are on the block selling their poison a few houses down and the police aren't doing a damn thing about it. I'd swear the police are in on it. It's a bit of a sham actually since it'll only be a matter of time before the 'white folks' start moving back into the city. But basically they want the remaining folks on the block to kill each other or move out. Besides being a homeowner will give Tasha a good taste of independence and responsibility that she needs. The market is definitely in her favor as there's a lot of homeowners desperate to unload their homes. So she could be closing on a house before the end of the month.

Speaking of which, I found myself visiting Detroit two weekends in a row. Originally I was planning to take week off from work but due to work being a mother (don't even want to talk about that...*LOL*), I was only able to take a couple days here and there. The first weekend I was in Detroit, I primarily came to watch Tasha take part in Race For The Cure. I didn't get to see her walk but I met her at the end of the route. She later treated me to dinner at Famous Dave's.

The following weekend I went to Detroit primarily for my parents. My sisters and I helped my folks celebrate their wedding anniversary. To find out what we did to celebrate, look for all the letters in my entry that are highlighted in red and put them together.

Hemingway till next time.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Cash S. said...

Who had dinner at Olive Garden?

Jon Kelly could get it! Terry Crews could too lol.

I hope you and Rock do what's best for the both of you.

Sounds like Detroit is about to go through the whole gentrifiaction thing just like Chicago.

7:17 AM, June 11, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww....I hate that you even called yourself Mr. Cellophane....when I watched Chicago that number actually stirred some emotional connection...not on the seeing me level, but on the not seeing my true feelings level...enuf said.
Well, believe it or not, we may not always have the time to respond and comment, but we always check back with you...I SEE YOU!

9:11 AM, June 11, 2008  
Blogger Ty said...

ditto what cocoa said. I think that was the saddest part in Chicago. We love you boo, don't feel that way.

12:13 PM, June 11, 2008  
Blogger Harold Gibson said...

Aw man I have been checking your blog every week, I just thought you were like me too busy and maybe too uninspired to blog. E we love ya man

8:27 PM, June 11, 2008  
Blogger BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

Aww you all had dinner at the Olive Garden. I love that place. It's cool for a quickie on that sampler platter. But my authentic Italian plate, I gets from Portofino's. You open the kitchen door and granny who only speaks italian is looking back at you with an eff you look.

10:57 PM, June 11, 2008  
Blogger Xem VanAdams said...

Im REALLY Loving and ENJOYING Your Random Thoughts and Freedom to Share with the World.
Please Continue to Open Your Life, and I Promise to Continue reading all about it. HA*

2:36 PM, June 13, 2008  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Very nice with the letter thing, just wish I looked at the comments before grabbing a sticky and a pen! :-)

I've been touch and go with the blog reading so I don't notice much of anything lately :-(

Yay for the sis getting a house!

When the same stuff keeps rising to the top you gotta deal with it cuz apparently pushing it down and out the way isn't working...good luck no matter what you 2 do.

4:39 PM, June 13, 2008  
Blogger Cash S. said...

Oh, duh! Some how I skipped the last paragraph about where you all went to celebrate.

12:09 PM, June 14, 2008  
Blogger E said...

cash s: No problem on skipping last paragraph. It happens.

cocoa rican/ ty / harold: Thanks guys for the love. That song was one of the saddest songs I've ever heard and I definitely felt for the character. I was just feeling a bit bummed briefly. Life has been kicking my butt but I'm okay.

bullet: I don't know if I have a portofino's but I agree with you about there being more authentic Italian places out there...but yeah OG does the job.

prince: Welcome to my life! Look forward to seeing more of you and I'll have to check your blog out.

ladynay: Thanks for the word of advice.

7:07 AM, June 18, 2008  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

*clears throat* welcome back!

8:26 AM, June 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home