Saturday, December 29, 2007

Bottom of the 07

I've been a bit lazy lately. But while I have a bit of energy, I thought I'd post an update on my holiday adventures.

Like I've done previous years, I've decided to Amtrak it. On the date of my departure, a derailment of several cars of a freight train occurred. The cars contained various UPS packages that had to be retrieved and rerouted. This caused a delay, of course, and Amtrak scrambled to get a bus to transfer passengers to the next Amtrak stop in Michigan City, Indiana.

On the bright side, I managed to have a row to myself both on the bus and on the remaining train trip. I wound up arriving in Detroit about three hours late.

Overall the visit was good. I didn't venture far from home except for either going to Church (both Sunday and Christmas day) or running errands with my parents.

I had my younger sister Trina's name for Secret Santa and I gave her a new Pulsar watch as well as some fashions from Venus's new line at Steve & Barry's. My Dad had my name and I was pleasantly surprised to get a gift from him instead of cash. He got me a Charging Station Organizer that basically is a central location that you can charge all your electronic tools.

For my godmother, I chose the sentimental gift approach. I found an old picture of us together and decided to blow it up and put it on a frame. To cap it off, I also gave her a Target gift card.

Trina shocked us all by bringing food over. She cooked chitterlings and aside from burning them a bit, they weren't half bad. I guess her guy is making a domestic out of her yet.

I returned to Chicago late Wednesday night and decided to take the rest of the week off from work. Eugene was planning on hanging out with me Friday and today. But his plans changed when an old friend of his mentioned being in Chicago for a brother's wedding. So we're just hanging out Saturday afternoon, assuming he doesn't blow me off again. Yeah I was a tad pissed. But I'm over it pretty much.

My plans for New Year's Eve is similar to last year's. Rock and I will exchange belated Christmas gifts and will simply enjoy each other's company. I'm still amazed (for me) that I've spent the entire 2007 with one guy.

Hemingway I hope everyone that reads my blog had a great holiday.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Chet said...

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you. It appears that you enjoyed the Christmas holiday with family in Detroit. I can imagine your dismay when Amtrak had to bus the passengers to Michigan City, IND. I remember taking the Wolverine to Detroit from Chicago back in the day. Three hours late? I would have hit the ceiling, but then again maybe not.
It appears that you have good taste , the gifts you gave your family members were thoughtful and in very good taste.
How in the world did the chitterlings get burnt?
Kudos to you on being in your relationship with your beau for a year or more. It can be real difficult to maintain a relationship, you have done well.

4:08 PM, December 29, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Jones said...

My holiday was pretty uneventful. Thanks for asking. I've been feeling lazy lately, too. I know what you mean.

12:37 AM, December 30, 2007  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

Congrats to you and Rock on making it a year, hope it goes on and on for you.

and i wish my family could learn what a damn good gift is! :D

1:40 PM, December 30, 2007  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

I'm glad that you and Rock have made it past 1 year. That has to be one of the best Christmas presents ever.

10:48 PM, January 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home