Thursday, July 26, 2007

Case Of The Rude People

Case of the Fake People - TLC

Verse 1
I thought that I knew about 'em
Thought that they would never do me wrong
Well well the smile in your face
When all the time they wanna take your place
Them backstabbers
Same old scene that you've seen for so long
Always want to be around you
But as jealous as they come
Well don't want you to win that race
'cause if you do it's gonna lessen their space
That's when I decide to say

Chorus
Goodbye goodbye
To all the fake people in my life
I never wanted you around me
So be on your way now
You better think twice
Before you let people in your life
Because when you put down
No one is around
You got a case of the fake people

Verse 2:
I thought that I new about 'em
The only ones that really cared for me
Oh yeah
But they shouldn't be that way
Only down for as long as
You can give security
Same old scene that you've seen for so long
Always want to be around you
But as jealous as they come well
Don't want you to win that race
'cause if you do it's going to lesson their space
That's when I decide to say

Repeat Chorus

It's amazing as we go about our daily lives how many rude folks are out there. You would think folks would have some kind of common courtesy. Don't get me wrong. I have also run across folks that did extend their courtesy. But it's the ones that don't that irk me.

Case in point. Last night I went to Bally's to work it out. I noticed there was this latino guy coming from another direction. I happen to walk a little bit faster so I reached the door first. Instead of just letting him catch it on his own (which I've had that happen to me), I held the door long enough to let him grab it. But did he say thank you? Hell no. I guess he was too cool to be bothered with such a formality. There's a second set of doors and I was tempted just to go through the second set and let him catch the door on his own. But I did the polite thing again. I didn't expect to receive a thank you so I didn't even look at him. He then proceeded to chat it up with a couple of the ladies working at the counter. I rolled my eyes as I made my way to the ellipticals near the entrance. He was kinda cute (though not my cup of tea) but his attitude soured me completely and I didn't even bother to look his way when he eventually made his way into the gym area.

He's not the only one that I've had that happen with. One of the cases that stuck in my mind was this prissy bitch that used to work for my company. She always had this sourpuss face whenever I happen to walk by her. One evening I just so happen to be leaving work and she was behind me so I held the door a bit. Of course she didn't say shit and her face still looked sour. I just rolled my eyes and kept walking down the parking lot.

I then think of all the drivers that cut in front of you when you're waiting at an intersection and don't even do the courtesy wave. What's that all about?

Stephanie Tanner of Full House fame (I can't believe I'm quoting that show...*LOL*) said it best. "How rude!"

I guess unlike the folks TLC was singing about, none of those sorry assholes were smiling in my face. But that's why this entry isn't titled "Case of the Fake People". *LOL*

So ends my rant. See, that wasn't too long, was it? *LOL*

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger That Dude Right There said...

When people fail to thank me for courteous act that I do, I follow up with a "you are welcomed" and sometimes with "bitch" at the end. That usually gets a "Thank You" out of them.

1:06 PM, July 26, 2007  
Blogger Rose said...

People are rude and are getting so much so daily. What do we dude with rude folks....

3:03 PM, July 26, 2007  
Blogger Soldier said...

lol @ u for still using lyrics
u r crazy...

and yes the world is rude and wild, u gotta accept the idea of being selfish E !
Dont open the door for grown people unless they gave u a reason ( like a nod or a smile) to think they were nice...

1:15 AM, July 27, 2007  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Man don't get me started on stuff like this!

8:03 AM, July 27, 2007  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

i always open doors for ladies, but only for males that i know and hang out with. rudeness is becoming commonplace because our society by and large is slack on teaching manners. just got to start reaching for that damn belt...

12:31 AM, July 28, 2007  
Blogger Rodney said...

It's so sad, but I no longer expect to be acknowledged for acts of courtesy. It's bad because I find myself being rude sometimes. I'm definitely going to thank someone for holding a door, but I'm not going to hold them accountable to do the same. When strangers are kind, it throws me off. I sneezed on the subway yesterday and the man next to me said bless you. He actually said "Salud," but the intention was the same. I said thank you, but I had to wonder when I stopped blessing sneezers in public.

8:19 AM, July 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home