Friday, July 06, 2007

Finding My Voice - Update

Thanks everyone for giving me your opinions in regards to my situation. It does come down to communication, which I need to work on doing. You know, me being the classic avoider. So with that said Rock and I talked things out. Basically we're going to give thing another try. The honeymoon phase is definitely over.

Rock and I were chatting tonight. We agreed to improve on communication, though one of his comments bothered me. And yeah yeah yeah, I should've expressed that to Rock since we are working on better communicating. I just didn't know how to go about doing so without things going sour again. He said something about not letting friends come between us. It kind of implies (at least to me) that it was because of our friends that things almost went south between us. But when he say friends, I don't get the impression he's talking about his friends but rather mine. In particular, my friend Eugene. (Oh..he's not a big fan of my blog either...*LOL* And no...he doesn't know the URL and prefers to keep it that way.)

He knows that Eugene and I talk every day and no doubt we talk about the relationship. During our fight, I remember him being slightly sarcastic when asking how Eugene was after I mentioned we were just finishing chatting.

Eugene has some interesting insights on our relationship, some of which I take into consideration, some I don't. Plus he's one of the most objective people I know. He doesn't sugarcoat anything at all, including where I'm doing things wrong.

Rock has to know that Eugene and I aren't going to stop talking about how the relationship is going. I mean, obviously there may be some sensitive things that Rock shares(such as his comment tonight) that I won't mention to Eugene but everything else, including fights, joys, and everything in between, is fair game. I value Eugene's insight and will fight tooth and nail to keep that.

I mean I refuse to believe he doesn't talk to his boy Ned about us. I think you need to have that one objective person in your life since he/she may see something you don't. Plus Eugene may give me his advice but it's ultimately up to me whether I take it or not.

I don't know. I get that obviously I can't tell Eugene everything about Rock and I, especially sensitive private stuff that Rock's going through. But everything else is indeed fair game.

I'm probably overanalyzing things anyway. We're working to get things back on track.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Moma uses to tell people "your friends are gonna be there when that man is long gone."

I swear that you and I are having the same relationship issues. Hollywood and I had this same argument. When I mentioned the quote above to him, he chilled on that subject.

And let that be the reason!!!!!!!!!!

12:01 AM, July 07, 2007  
Blogger Rose said...

that dude right there is right! Communication is the key but good friends last a lifetime.

12:35 AM, July 07, 2007  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Everyone needs that best friend outside of the relationship.

Glad you guys are starting to talk about the not so peachy stuff. It's a start.

1:52 PM, July 07, 2007  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

glad to hear that you two are trying to make it work. even better that yu spoke up for your own happiness. as they say in the Marines, "Say what you want, or shut up."

5:32 PM, July 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home