Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Seeing The Green Light

I really haven't been in the blogging mood but I've been really digging Beyonce's video Green Light. It seems lady B has been going into video overload, making a video for practically every song off her B-Day album, which I still don't own. Assuming it's not all computer generated, I have to give props to lady B for her work in wearing some tall ass stilettos and still being able to perform impressive moves. Of particular interest in the link provided below are minutes (the time counts down in the link below) 2:17 - 2:10, 1:47 (her backup dancers standing on one stilettoed foot...and yeah I know they're holding some pole but still) and 1:35 - 1:33. Plus she gave love to women that aren't typically featured in music videos. Of course some could argue she only included them to make herself look skinny. Hemingway here's a link to her music video.



Ohhh...and En Vogue was the bomb last weekend. I saw Terri, Maxine, Cindy, and Rhona performing at Country Club Hills. They still got it going on in the looks department. If I were playing on their team, I'd so tap their asses, particularly Rhona's. Rhona really blends in well with the rest of the group. I even took a couple pictures of them performing (though I only caught Maxine and Rhona) on my camera phone. Unfortunately I'm not able to transfer them on my PC.

I had no idea V-103 was sponsoring the concert series until I saw Troi (with an I) Tyler coming up on stage. Not to mention all the reserved seats for various V-103 staffers near the front. Toni Tone Tony also performed and while I was there particularly for En Vogue, they did a great job with their set. I never realized how many hit singles they've had over the years. The concert was a real treat.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

It tickles me to hear when homosexual folks say they'd hook up with the opposite gender. Us st8's can't do that w/o looking suspect! LOL

8:59 AM, June 27, 2007  
Blogger Mr. Jones said...

I'm not a Beyonce fan. I appreciated and even liked her at one point, but she's doing too much lately. Movies, commercials, records, music videos...too much. I'm all for people getting their money, but I think some time out of the public eye would do wonders for her career.

9:51 AM, June 27, 2007  
Blogger yet another black guy said...

at least she's singing about th one talent she does have - putting her sweet little nookie out there. i appreciate sex appeal, but GODDAMN!!!

11:38 PM, June 28, 2007  
Blogger E said...

Heh ladynay...straight ladies can say it with a little less fanfare than say a straight guy talking about tapping another guy's ass. But I agree overall.

1:58 PM, June 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home