Sunday, June 10, 2007

En Vogue Lives

En Vogue has been mostly away from the scene over the years. I had always wanted to see them in concert but never got around to doing so. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the group (minus the rebel Dawn, of course) would be performing in the south burb Country Club Hills on the 16th at their newly built ampitheatre. I actually got a decent seat too.

I've been a bit dismayed that rumors of them releasing a new album fizzled. But I recently visited one of the many En Vogue message boards and was pleasantly surprised to come across a You Tube video of a French rap group called K2Rhym featuring the vocals of En Vogue (well mostly Terri Ellis...*LOL*) in their latest single. The guy in the white wife beater was beefy sexy. Just how I like em...*LOL*.

But back to En Vogue...

I'm keeping a cool head, though. I wish this would mean that En Vogue will be releasing a new album soon but as an En Vogue fan I've learned that's not necessarily the case. Case in point...when the original En Vogue members (Dawn included) appeared on Stevie Wonder's new song What's The Fuss, a lot thought En Vogue would be back together again. That fell through, of course. Then there was their performance at the VH1 Hip-Hop Honors in 2005 that led to those same rumors that fell to the wayside.

But I'll enjoy them whereever they make their mark. Who knows? Maybe they'll announce something at the concert about a new album. Till then...enjoy!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger That Dude Right There said...

EnVogue just wowuldn't be the same without Dawn, not matter who replaces her.

And this was a hot video except rapping in any language other than English just sounds strange.

9:24 AM, June 11, 2007  
Blogger Rose said...

Envogue was the hottest and best singing group of women to hit! Too bad they can't get it together to release some good solid music with great singing. The money those women could really be making.

12:13 PM, June 11, 2007  
Blogger BuddahDesmond said...

I think En Vogue is one of the all-time best female R&B groups. I agree it would be nice if the original members came together to release some new music. The appearance on the Stevie Wonder song and on the VH1 Hip-Hop Honors was a bit of a tease. I do remember reading an article in Billboard Magazine around '04-'05 stating that the original members were going to record and tour again. But that was two-three years ago. One can hope!

12:28 AM, June 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home