Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Rock E Team

I mentioned recently about my gruesome discovery under my deck and how I was going about alleviating the problem by purchasing rocks to put on the sides of my deck and near the stairway. I had gotten five bags of rocks tht only took care of part of the issue. The most I could load in my Cavalier was 5 bags since each weighed about 20 pounds. I anticipated that I would need to make at least 3 more trips to Home Depot to get more rocks.

So I was pleasantly surprised when Rock called me Saturday afternoon and offered to come by Sunday and help me get the rocksat Home Depot. He drives a truck so it would be able to load a lot more bags than my car. I happily took him up on his offer.

So Sunday comes and we're making our trip(s) to Home Depot to buy the gravel. While he's there, he picks up some patio furniture for his place. We decided initially to get 8 bags.

It was cool shopping with Rock. In fact we both marveled how it felt like we were a couple. Rock even saw a casual acquiantance with his partner that was shopping.

So eventually we get to my place with the rocks and proceed to unload the truck and eventually start filling up around the deck. While doing this, my neighbor Ms. Bliss came outside to water her flowers. She and I made small talk about the recent deck discovery and then she said how nice it was for "my friend" to help me with the rocks. I agreed and we eventually went back to our business.

After finishing laying out the bags, we concluded that we would probably need about 8 more bags. We went inside to wash up. While inside, Rock asked me if I thought that Ms. Bliss knew about us. I told Rock that it very well was possible. I mean, my neighbors have seen Rock's truck numerous times over the months and they're not stupid. As I mentioned before, I've come to accept that my neighbors likely know me as the "gay, black neighbor" (there aren't many blacks where I live). Plus there was one time when Rock and I were making out on the stairs and we heard Ms. Bliss on the other side of the wall shuffling around. That freaked us out at the time. So yeah, she likely knows but thankfully was making polite conversation with me.

So after our second trip to Home Depot, we were laying out the remaining rocks. It wasn't long before Mrs. Catlover approached me. She came over under the guise of wanting to get information on who I used to get rid of my unwanted pests. She then said hi to "my friend" and said I should pay him for helping me out. I cracked up and said I'd take him to lunch. We chatted about the dead animals again and eventually she left.

I had a feeling Ms. Bliss and Mrs. Catlover couldn't wait to meet my boyfriend. I could only imagine what they were saying among themselves.
I have to admit I really felt like Rock and I were truly a team. He told me that he wanted me to know that he had my back. He said he didn't want me to go through my recent ordeal alone. I think I found me a good one.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Soldier said...

:-)

U deserve all those moments of joy E !! Keep it that way !

12:58 AM, June 13, 2007  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

I second what Soldier said. You really deserve to be happy with Rock. You had me smiling as I read this one.

3:52 PM, June 13, 2007  
Blogger Rose said...

Good for you! I am happy you find someone like Rock.

12:03 AM, June 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home