Saturday, January 27, 2007

Le Blah

Hey everyone!

I've been feeling so blah about work lately. Well, more so than ever. I've been actually having that blah feeling for the last three years. Every weekday morning I fight with myself to get out the door. I remind myself that since I have to eat and keep a roof on my head, I have to go get mine. Even if as Tupac (or Biggie or ummm LL - get funky) would say, I have to make a dollar outta 15 cents.

The blah feeling definitely isn't coming from a lack of work. There's plenty of projects going on that are competing with my limited time. My latest one is intense because it's involving so many different groups and trying to prioritize your stuff with what their priorities are can be a royal pain in the buttocks. I so need a sugardaddy so I can escape the madness...*LOL*.

Bonus time is in the air, though. I got a notice from SLAB Friday scheduling my annual review next Thursday. It's one of those things that I take with a grain of salt. Included in my review are what the company terms as 360 degree assessments of you made by my co-workers. Opinions are like assholes. We all have one. I just want to get to the nitty gritty. How much is my bonus this year and will it be enough to cover my new A/C and furnace bill that's due end of March. I so can't wait to find out.

In other work news, a couple of my co-workers were noticing that I've lost weight. Actually I did a second round of the Master Cleanse diet. Before yall shoot me, I had already made a vow that sometime in January I would do another ten day cleanse to purge myself from my holiday eating spree. So I went about and did it again, though this time was so much harder. By the end of the 10 days, I lost another 11 pounds, 5 of which I gained back already. (And no I don't look like Nicole Ritchie...*LOL*.) Surprisingly when I went on the elliptical today, I noticed that my strides per minute count increased by almost twenty marks and by the end of my 56 minutes, I completed over 9100 steps. So it looks like the extra weight loss boosted my energy somehow, which is totally cool. I can't wait to do weights Monday.

It's hard to believe January is almost coming to an end. Time is definitely marching on.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger princessdominique said...

You've been feeling blah for 3 years? What gives?

8:04 AM, January 28, 2007  
Blogger Ladynay said...

I feel you about the blah at work...

Don't loose too much weight and congrats on drinking that "lemonade" for another 10 days! I couldn't do it once and you got your second time down!

11:24 AM, January 29, 2007  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Now see, i get to Chicago Wednesday and you aren't gonna have time to hang out! But i'm gonna give you a call anyway.

11:34 PM, January 30, 2007  
Blogger Rose said...

I just can't handle that Master Cleanse and you did it twice, what preservance. I like that quote about opinions....

5:51 PM, January 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home