Sunday, April 02, 2006

One Year Later

Can you believe my one year blog anniversary is today? It kinda snuck up on me. 159 posts later (including this one), I'm still breathing. 525,600 minutes (527,040 if it's a leap year) of life written in these pages. My highs and lows all documented.

From time to time I read my older posts and marvel about the things that I've experienced in the last year. The cool thing is that I have most of it documented so hopefully years from now when I wanna recall what I did in 2005 on any given period, I can easily recall it.

I still cringe recalling how my co-workers supposedly got to hear my singing voice in the office. It turned out the idiots were hearing the sounds of my MP3 player more. So I have to endure hearing all the loud people around me without my music. The contracts people sitting in the next row are so loud and annoying, especially this new dude that they hired a few months back that's trying a bit too hard to be the hip white dude. Hemingway!

I laugh a bit as I recall my first visit to the United Center with Sally to watch the Bulls. All the inadvertent drama I was in with her thuggish boyfriend, who really didn't want to be her boyfriend because of his issues, was a trip. I don't know if Sally still talks to him or not. Months ago she told me that he was a lot calmer and at peace since she's encouraged him to read the Bible.

Occasionally I would blather about serious topics such as the rising gas prices. It still amazes me how I feel better paying $2.25 a gallon then $2.60 a gallon when two years back $1.80 reined supreme. And I feel real ancient because I remember 99 cent gas too.

And who can forget all the good dates gone asshole I've experienced last year. I can officially add Chad to that list too. The fool basically stopped contacting me after our date two Fridays ago. It's definitely his loss. I hope Stringy strings him some more. Actually I wish him well. As I said, he has lots of issues to work through and he probably did me a huge favor by choosing to drop out of my life. I fortunately didn't fall too deep (well let's say as deep...*LOL*) with his ass.

It's a wonder as Ms. Holiday commented in that entry that I'm not as jaded by all the disappointing experiences I've had with guys. Aside from the imbecile thing (*LOL*...ok I know I'm not.), I think I've been blessed with treating each guy I meet as a new experience. I try not to label all men as jerks and penalize them for the previous guy's hang-ups (until they quickly prove to me otherwise...*LOL*). Maybe one day I'll get it right.

Whether I do or not, I'll share it all with my blog family. There's so many of the fellow bloggers out there I enjoy reading. It's like having an extended family. I enjoy reading everyone's experiences and look forward to reading more in the future. Thanks to everyone who has read and commented on my entries. Your thoughts mean a lot to me.

Hemingway I'm looking forward to the reunion special tonight on Flavor of Love. I don't know if it's gonna be that good since they waited three weeks after the finale to air it but they seem to be focusing on Pumkin and New York (who lost weight) in the previews. I'm so there.

Of course Hoopz drop kicked Flav immediately after the completion of the taping. I think we all knew she wasn't into Flav (can we blame her...*LOL*).

So that's how I plan on spending my Sunday.

Here's to another year of blogging!

8 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

Con grat chew ma lay shuns E!

6:15 PM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Well - looka here! A whole year! Congrats man...I know how it feels!

9:23 AM, April 03, 2006  
Blogger DramaFree said...

Happy Blogaversary!! May you have many more

9:50 AM, April 03, 2006  
Blogger Marz said...

(Why do I feel like a hallmark exec is going to start getting ideas on a new line of cards. LOL)


Happy blogaversary.

It is cool to read over your year, or last couple of months and be like, "OMG. I remember when that happened".



-Marz

11:24 AM, April 03, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

happy anniversary ...

1:27 PM, April 03, 2006  
Blogger HOLIDAY N said...

happy anniversary...ain't it sad how blogger has been our longest relationship in a year..LOL
Too bad I'll be breaking up with him soon..your progression has been enjoyable...thanks for being real,normal,entertaining, and letting us into the life of a cool brotha from chi-town and his quest for happiness....love it..you are fabulous sweetie

1:53 PM, April 03, 2006  
Blogger OhWordU2 said...

Thats Amazing!

4:30 PM, April 03, 2006  
Blogger GermanChocolateGirl said...

Entertaining E, Happy Anniversary!

1:53 PM, April 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home