Saturday, March 18, 2006

And Then There Was Chad

Time to resume the trivial...:-)

I forgot to fill you guys in on my date with Chad. Yeah it indeed took place. We were scheduled to meet the evening of the 15th but due to a cousin that just had to meet him that night, he decided to move the meeting a day ahead on Tuesday.

I was on my way home from work when he confirmed the meeting. I decided to stop at Jewel Osco to pick up some "Cookies & Cream" ice-cream (his favorite). I called Eugene beforehand and of course Eugene reminded me to keep myself in check. You know...don't get too excited, don't share too much of yourself too soon, wash your ass, the usual stuff...*LOL*. I told him I need to wash my ass so I'll talk to him later. He wished me luck on the date and we hung up.

Chad wanted to cook dinner for me, which was really cool. I arrived at his apartment around 8PM. We greeted each other and I quickly gave him the ice-cream, which he jokingly bitched about since he gained 10 pounds over the weekend, so he says.

Taking a little sidebar, when Chad finally called me Monday night after several days of silence, he explained that was feeling down about being sick (his measles wound up being hives, which finally went away after almost two weeks) and coming down with a cold. He said that he vegged out in his apartment the whole weekend and cut off communication from everyone. His attitude is if he's feeling down, he doesn't want to snap on anyone or bring his negativity to the table. I can kind of understand since I can be a real bitch when I'm in a bad mood. During the course of the weekend, he claims to have gained ten pounds and he almost wasn't sure he wanted me to see him in "his condition". But he decided that he needed to get the initial meeting out of the way.

My first impressions on Chad. Lookswise he's very handsome and although he says he gained ten pounds, whatever he gained looked good on him. He's a bit more fem than I normally like (he plucked his eyebrows for our meeting) with a slight "gay" accent and wiggle in his step, however I liked what I saw and am willing to overlook it (assuming things progress). Plus I loved the way he looked at me all seductively at times. It sent my mind in a tailspin.

So Hemingway he was still in the middle of cooking Chicken Alfredo pasta. We were talking about general things. Stringy managed to make his way into our conversation briefly. He was watching One Life To Live on video and mentioned that Stringy resembled Todd. I laughed when he mentioned that.

The dinner was really good. As an appetizer, we had Cesear salad. The convo continued to flow nicely.

Chad went over our viewing options after dinner. As he went over his DVD collection, he was shocked by how many movies I hadn't seen yet. We settled on Valentine. It was a horror flick with Angel and Denise Richards that I always wanted to see but never got around to. I had to say that line a number of times with Chad that night.

So we popped the DVD in, turned off the lights, and settled back. I sat at the end of the sofa while he sat on a nearby chair. That didn't stop us from doing more touching and talking then watching the movie. We were touching each other's hands and arms, almost as if we were studying that particular part. I briefly massaged his neck at some point.

By the time the movie ended, he popped in a Sanford and Son DVD. We had chatted about the series beforehand and he wanted to share a few scenes of Esther and Sanford exchanging their infamous quips. He decided to slide onto the sofa by that point and we continue touching each other's arms and hands. I ventured a bit onto his forehead and he was touching my back.

It was around 11PM and he was starting to get tired. He told me he wasn't kicking me out but he had to get ready for tomorrow. Well I had to get ready too. So he started cleaning up and somehow managed to sneak a quick kiss on me. He acted a bit coy saying he didn't know why he did that.

So I got up and prepared to give him a hug. We sorta stood there looking at each other and then I snuck in a kiss of my own. We chatted a bit more by the door and he told me to call him when I got home to let him know I made it okay.

Twenty minutes later I did just that.

Fast forward to Wednesday night. Chad calls me and we're talking about our days. He then mentioned getting a message from his sister saying that his father needed to talk to him. I'm thinking why can't his father call him directly. Chad wondered the same thing. So he eventually finds out that his father wants $500. Then he revealed the news that his father sells drugs and may have been in trouble. Chad wants no part of his father's troubles.

Crazy, huh?

Hemingway he told me he'd call me later since his cousin was supposed to be hanging out. But he never did. I found out the next morning that his phone service was disconnected. I sent him an email to find out if everything was okay. He sent me a message back Friday night saying all was cool and that he'd give me a call soon. The chase continues....

8 Comments:

Blogger lj said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:05 PM, March 18, 2006  
Blogger lj said...

the chase is right...

6:06 PM, March 18, 2006  
Blogger Superstar Nic said...

I don’t know why but having a guy cook for me just really scores major brownie points. It’s just something about it. Maybe it’s because it doesn’t happen very often (smile).

It sounds like you guys had a pretty nice date. That’s so good and just think, last week you were talking about he hadn’t called you in a couple of days and it seems that the only reason he didn’t call is because he was sick.

I’m glad things are working out. So far so good!

12:45 AM, March 19, 2006  
Blogger Cash S. said...

Mmmm, Chicken Alredo lol.

Well it sounds like you had a nice time. Now you have to sit back and play the waiting game.

11:49 AM, March 19, 2006  
Blogger Brains Nbooty said...

seems like you had a good time and feel really comfortable with him. i'm glad. but i know you're probably anxious to see him again. here's hoping that everything works out for you two.

5:06 PM, March 19, 2006  
Blogger antneya said...

Damn thats a good one to cook for you...real nice...I hope it works out...good that you overlooked the small stuff too.

6:51 PM, March 19, 2006  
Blogger Rose said...

Okay E, so far sounds good. Hopes this happens for you.

8:52 PM, March 19, 2006  
Blogger Marz said...

YAYYYY.


Rmember what I said, though.

(Why'd I just do that like an omen or something? LOL)


-Marz

9:45 AM, March 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home