Monday, March 20, 2006

That Girl's Post

I was reading That Girl's blog recently and came across her post lamenting her weekend. In a nutshell, she ran into an ex at her job on the weekend, no less. How sucky. She shared a very nice email that she received from another friend. The message was about men and what they would do if they truly wanted you.

One of the parts that stood out for me in the email is the following:

"Make him miss you sometimes...when a man always knows where you are, and you're always readily available to him - he takes it for granted."

Truer words have never been spoken. I do tend to always be around when guys I'm interested in contact me. That's been the case with Chad as well. Okay, I know you all are tired of me talking about him. If you are, please read no further.

Buh-bye. (*LOL*)

For the rest of you....

Chad did call me early into the evening Saturday. He mentioned that he was feeling very low. He decided to disown and disassociate himself from his father. That's a pretty heavy thing to do but his father from what he told me seems like bad news. He changed numbers, which was why his phone was disconnected.

He wanted to give me his information but mentioned that he needed to be alone. Basically he was going to shut himself off from the world. I tried talking him out of it but it was too no avail. I told him that I would be there when he needs someone to talk to. He was okay with it and said he needed to take a nap and just be with himself. We hung up.

I later was reading That Girl's harrowing weekend and the email she included. When I read the line I quoted earlier, I was thinking to myself that I'm always making myself available to guys but the guys I'm interested in don't always make themselves available to me (conversationally or emotionally). I told myself that when Chad gets out of his funk and calls me, I should just let it go to voicemail. Make him wonder a little bit about me. It's sad that I have to play these games but sometimes dealing with guys is a game and I occasionally tire of being played like a fiddle.

Chad did call me this evening while I was talking to Eugene. I did as I hoped to do, I let it go to voicemail. Eugene was shocked when I told him what I did. In the past, I would usually drop Eugene to the curb and switch the line. But for once I wasn't there at the drop of a hat for Chad.

I'll call him tomorrow, though. Assuming he's available, we'll pick up the chase.

6 Comments:

Blogger lj said...

If there's a happy medium between playing games and always being available I guess that's it.

3:11 AM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger HOLIDAY N said...

i smell baggage...but he is letting you in on a few things...can you handle someone that would rather distance himself than deal with problems head on?
he told you he wanted be alone...when guys say this and then they call you and you think all is good...boom..they are O-U-T and telling you..i told you so.
be careful with this one..he seems like work.

3:41 AM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger Cash S. said...

Man, you've been killing me softly with these last couple of post. I swear we have experienced some of the same things when it comes to dealing with men.

That line is so true. You do have to miss each other; you don't have to call everyday or have 3 hour conversations everytime you call each other. Give each other some space.

12:44 PM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

That Girl's is so dead-on true.

4:29 PM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger Clay said...

i agree w. holiday ... it seems like baggage and possible drama .. i dont know if im all into the "make somebody miss you" .... i dont know, maybe that works for the straights

7:35 PM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger princessdominique said...

Do what you have to do though. I say if you're in the "mood" to talk, then talk if not then make the voicemail earn its pay.

7:46 PM, March 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home