Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Same Ol' E!


So is anyone else feeling Half & Half Season 4 besides me? If you haven't seen an episode yet, then you're really missing out. It's been rocking and rolling so far. What I like is that the scenarios are so realistic. You can almost see yourself in that situation. It comes on Monday nights at 9:30PM ET/8:30 PM CT on UPN.

Has anyone been checking out the Mona-logue? Besides The Humanity Critic? I have from time to time. "Mona" talks about the same old struggles with finding love that we have. I do like that the show actually does have a blog for her. I've read some complaints that it's too Sex & The City. My response is...so what? Did Carrie ever actually have a blog that their viewers could see? I think not. She speaks of her relationship woes. Preach on sister...or whoever is actually doing the posting.

This leads me to my very own Why Wednesday? Sorry Foxy...*LOL*. I promise to share the same question on your blog, though. Why do the guys that you're really attracted to wind up being assholes? I was flashing back to my summer as I evaluate how 2005 has been to me so far...and I thought about Vince and Aaron and how they both wound up disappointing me big time. I obviously did my part in shaping how both of those paragraphs (I can't call it a relationship since it really wasn't.) turned out. As I theorized before, I placed too much expectations on both guys. I was definitely attracted to both big time. They both bought their C-game. I mean, I can't call it an A-game because both gave out clues that they weren't the guys I thought they were. Yet I ignored them. Why? Well I was attracted to them big time. A part of me I think was hoping things would work itself out. You know. I was being dumb.

So what could be the lesson learned? Things in pretty packages usually aren't what they seem? If it's too good looking, then it must be bad?

Even if I spelled out the lesson, would I learn it? Or am I like Bart Simpson who'll keep on touching that hot stove.

I'd like to hope I can move on, especially as I approach my 33rd birthday. But I know it's one day at a time and I'll probably stumble again. But when I fall down, I have to keep getting up. Keep on keeping on. I think that's in a song, right?

I actually found some old "journal" entries from the late 80s and some of the 90s that I kept. It's hilarious reading some of those posts and how crazy (and innocent) I was back then. Funny thing is as much as I have changed since then, I'm still the same in a lot of ways. I may share an entry or two next time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

I listen to my friends and some of the clients I counsel and what I hear on a regular basis is how disappointed they are because their expectations were too high about folks. These women felt that they had met nice men who turned out to be huge disappointments to them. I think folks rush into relationships too fast because they are looking for love and happiness. When you rush your emotions like that you don't give your self time to get to know folks. Sometimes when you are looking for love you miss clues about a persons' intention. Many people are interesting in dating butnot having serious relationships and when you come off too strong in the beginning you may be running folks away. When you want something different than what your date wants, it best to walk away..I say start slow, go for coffee or a drink...have fun and go home...let the person want to know you better....love will come...I've been told that there is someone for everyone and I believe it....

10:49 PM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger E said...

Preach it Rose..:-) What you say is definitely true. I do need to slow it down a bit, especially since I'm Tramp Bear. Just joking...but I do hear you.

Teebee, yeah there's a blog for Mona. The link is: http://www.upn.com/shows/half_and_half/mona_logue/

7:38 AM, October 12, 2005  
Blogger The Foxybrown Show said...

I'm not mad at you man!

WHY do the relationships that don't work out cause you to grow so much?

WHY do you love half & half so much?

WHY did I not know what the "Mona Lounge" was till now?

7:48 AM, October 12, 2005  
Blogger E said...

Karsh - It's true what they say. Great minds think alike. We even posted a comment around the same time. It's karma, baby...*LOL*.

Foxy - Excellent questions. Thanks for stopping by.

7:52 AM, October 12, 2005  
Blogger princessdominique said...

Yes, I'm really really diggin' this season.

10:08 AM, October 12, 2005  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

I've been missing this show...It's actually one of my favorite comedies of this millenium, but I have yet to see one episode this season.

5:42 PM, October 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home