Saturday, September 24, 2005

In The Deep

At the risk of sounding Like A Virgin (heh...I lost that right for the very first time a couple years ago), I feel like I've been through the wilderness and I'm just now making it through. For a bit over a week I've been battling a cold/flu. Everytime I thought I was getting better, it'd keep coming back. It was an endless battle using Tylenol, NyQuil, and Theraflu, the latter two actually store chain knock-offs of the originals. But hey, they say they have the same ingredients and it's a couple dollars cheaper so why not, right?

I think I made a breakthrough yesterday evening & it appears to still be on. My breakthrough, that is. I took a couple Tylenol anyway last night and this morning (and again one Tylenol tonight...*LOL*...I hope I'm not getting addicted.) just to be safe but I think other than a little phlegm in the throat, I've broken the fever cycle hopefully. I'm gonna hit the sack early tonight anyway just for good measure.

I appreciate everyone's comments on my latest entry. I appreciate them for all my entries but for my last one I really give thanks. I think because of them and sharing my thoughts, I took the time to have a bit more fun at the bowling alley last night. I adjusted my attitude and enjoyed my present company. I didn't take any comments regarding my bowling personally nor did I stress too much about my performance. I chatted with a co-employee I hadn't seen in a minute and just tried to enjoy myself. I think it worked. Then again, Reid wasn't there...*LOL*. But alas, even Reid is fun to hang out with. He's just arrogant and blunt sometimes. But behind that, he's a really nice guy. Otherwise I wouldn't be hanging out with him as much as I do. Aside from the fact that we work at the same job...*LOL*.

My average shot up 23 pins. Big shocker..except not! My series was 138, 177, 191. So I now have a 145 average after two weeks.

So I'm just chilling out tonight. I'm probably gonna hit the sack after posting this entry. To celebrate my mini-victory, I had my favorite Lou Malnati's pizza w/ ice cream. Funny, that was my "pity party" food too. I guess it works for any occasion.

I'm in one of those stupid Columbia House DVD club. So my latest order arrived tonight. Just in time. I ordered Ring II, Guess Who, and Crash. Guess which one I saw tonight?

Yep, I had to see Crash again. Can you believe my eyes welled up again when the little girl, an up and coming actress named Ashlyn Sanchez was thought to be shot by the store owner, actor Shaun Toub. Yeah, Internet Movie Database is a god-send. *LOL*. Larenz Tate's character had this look in his final scene that was like, 'why you do that man'?

It was really gripping the second time around. And I love the theme that was playing near the end. Bird York, who I've never heard of before but apparently is an actress (the things you learn on IMDB...*LOL*), has a haunting yet sultry voice as she sings the movie's theme song, In The Deep. The song is sad yet it seems to let you know that all's not lost. It's that message that I think we need to hear while living this crazy thing called life. It's very beautifully done and I'm actually thinking about picking up her CD. I wouldn't have even thought about it were it not for the movie.

So yeah I'm ending tonight on a hopeful note. I want you all to feel the same way. At the risk of sounding clichey, nah who cares?

If someone done you wrong, they ain't SHIT anyway. If your job's a bitch, screw them! Collect your $200 and go party like it's 1999...or chill!

Better days are coming. I truly believe that. I have to. That's what gets me through the wilderness. And that's what's finally is going get me through.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger DramaFree said...

Awww! I hope you feel better :)
Enjoy your weekend.

12:04 AM, September 24, 2005  
Blogger No_the_game said...

I hope you will feel better. Yeap , Crash is the one. I watched it and I loved it. 2 my suprise Luda can act. I loved it. I think if you come to live in the Lou' you will see those life very clearly. I think I have 2more years in the Lou' then I am kicking my own butt out off here.

Luv,
Nothegame

3:44 PM, September 24, 2005  
Blogger Rose said...

Get well soon. We need your energy that you give off in your writing.

11:42 PM, September 24, 2005  
Blogger SGL CafĂ©.com said...

Believe it or not, I haven't seen Crash yet. So I skipped over so I wouldn't learn something to spoil it.

With the attitude you have, things are gonna be just fine. Be cool E .....

12:31 PM, September 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home