Sunday, October 09, 2005

Could You Use $100,000?


I know I can. Service Employees International Union is hosting a national contest where ordinary citizens such as you and I (unless you're a reader outside the U.S....sorry) can submit a creative and practical idea for improving the day-to-day lives of working Americans. The contest is titled Since Sliced Bread and entries should be 175 words or less. It should first identify the problem, then persent the solution, and finally explain how your idea will help solve this problem. I know there's some creative folks out there so I thought I'd spread the word. Plus I know a lot of us could really use $100,000. There's also two second place prizes of $50,000 each. So go ahead and submit your ideas. You have until December 5th. And if any of your ideas happen to win, toss a brotha a c-note or two...*LOL*.

The address:
SinceSlicedBread.com
1220 L Street, NW
Suite 100-320
Washington, DC 20005-4018

Or you can submit your idea directly on their site.

I'm definitely gonna enter a few ideas.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

Thanks for that information. I'm going to try to think of something...

1:48 PM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger ~ Eclectic Soul ~ said...

*adjusting my thinking cap*

12:49 AM, October 10, 2005  
Blogger courtney said...

hmmm...I wonder how they decide between two people who have the same idea? *whoever submitted it first?*

6:24 PM, October 10, 2005  
Blogger @GaryTylone said...

Thats mad interesting...$100k sounds yummy

8:57 PM, October 10, 2005  
Blogger Clay said...

this reminds me of Stan from Golden Girls who was always inventing things

8:32 AM, October 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home