Monday, September 26, 2005

Outside My Reality

I was stoked to see the original members of En Vogue back together again tonight. They were performing along with Salt & Pepa their 1993 hit Whatta Man. Wow...I can't believe that song's 12 years old. How time flies. I'm peeved though because I tried recording it but neither of my VCRs would co-operate with me. Hopefully someone out there recorded the performance and have the file available on-line soon. I may have to check out some of the fan sites as I'm sure they're making screen captures. All I can say is En Vogue was on fire (still fine as hell...yes, I can appreciate an attractive woman...*LOL*). I really hope this means that their reunion album is a reality.

Speaking of reality, my reality is a bit dull right now. I've been taking a back seat on the relationship crap & work's busy as usual. Nothing really fascinating there. I'm sure I'll have some new stories soon. However, some of my fellow bloggers have some interesting entries you might want to check out.

I know I'm taking a break from relationships but Ms. Holiday is tackling relationships head-on this week in her blog. She'd like us all to share our two cents on the topic. Tonight's focus is on the issues. So far there's been a couple insightful responses to her frank post. I'm sure you all may have more to share. Check her out!

My boy Jamal Franklin recently concluded his two-part interview with another blogger, the incomprehensible (I mean, err, incomparable...sorry...*LOL*) Trent Jackson. The interview touches a bit on both individual's lives as well as what drew them into blogging in the first place. It tells a lot but leaves a lot to the imagination. You just have to check it out to get a sense of what I'm saying. And don't forget to hit Trent's site afterwards. Rumor has it he's filming his own reality TV show in a matter of days. Talk about them apples! I'm just sure he'll have plenty of stuff to share regarding that. And it'll just be another show I'll have to schedule to watch...*LOL*.

Be sure to give my fellow bloggers some love! I'll be back real soon...:-)

13 Comments:

Blogger Stone said...

I am an En Vogue fan as well lets hope they do another album. We know Dawn can use the money

10:38 AM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger Shawn said...

Hey thanks for dropping by my blog.

11:49 AM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger Clay said...

lolol - we both talked about the abou the same thing -- i loved seeing en vogue back together -- be sure to go to my blog to see my entry on hip-hop honors

2:43 PM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger HOLIDAY N said...

http://www.vh1.com/shows/events/hip_hop_honors/2005/

i think this is where you can view performances E

4:41 PM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger E said...

Hey...leave Dawn alone! *LOL*

She was my fave of the group. I do agree Ms. Holiday that Dawn did seem like the one that would likely defect.

Let's hope they release an album soon.

8:01 PM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger Rose said...

Hey you and Cane blogged on the same topic. Now I really want to see what I missed.

8:33 PM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger DramaFree said...

EnVogue??!! That used to be my fav group! Funky divas that actually CAN sing. I hate that I missed the performance.

10:33 PM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger The Foxybrown Show said...

Hmmm why do I feel like I have read this story already????

Oh well it's WHY Wednesday and I'll see you on the show!

9:36 AM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger winterssoulstyce said...

i loved en vogue. without them destiny's child would have nothing to draw from...

3:08 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

EnVogue used to be me and my mom's favorite group. I am also a big fan of SWV, Jade, TLC...all which have bitten the dust. Anyway, EnVogue has true talent but never got that spark back after Dawn left. I hated Dawn for splitting up the group but I guess she felt she needed to do what she needed to do. Now that her solo career has flopped maybe Envogue will come out again better than ever. This is good news to me because I heard the remaining three broke up. Granted it will never be like it was before but I will support EV and if they come out with another album then I'll be the first to buy it.

4:55 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

I missed it. I missed it. I guess I need to "Give it up, turn it loose."

7:47 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Rose said...

E,
I saw the show. As suspected EnVogue can still sang. Salt and Pepper were okay...where did Spike get those glasses and why is he so dufous-looking. Who was that rapper with the missing tooth and army tee on? It was on our time at 7:00. Eve and Nia was cool. Thanks for informing me of the times to watch...It was very entertaining...

11:36 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Waddie G. said...

En Vogue and Salt-N-Pepa looked great at the show. I am very eager to see both groups to make a comeback. I wanted En Vogue to return before Destiny's Child splitted because the DC girls can learn a thing or two from En Vogue about performing and singing.

9:50 AM, September 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home