Wednesday, September 07, 2005

50th Post!

I can't believe I've hit my 50th post on my blog. It only took me a little over 5 months to get there. I definitely came a long way from my First Post logged in on April 2, 2005. I just realized I aged myself in that post. At the time, I was only 32, not the 33 I was claiming. Technically I don't turn the big 33 until mid-October, which actually isn't that far away. I also am sticking to my alias promise of not using real names in my posts. The folks mentioned, of course, would easily figure out who they are based on the actions. That'll be interesting if anyone I know ever stumbles upon this blog.

With that said, I thought it'd be good to review older posts to see where I was coming from and maybe it could give me some perspective of where I'm going. So cliche but whatever! *LOL*.

For the hell of it, I'll pick 6 random posts that I've written.

Post 9. As you know, bowling's become an important part of my life. I chose this post to focus on the competitive nature of gambling while bowling. Relive the joy I experienced when winning top prize with pro-bowler Reid. Also I had my best bowling series EVAH...for real.

Post 11. This post was the first one that I wrote that attempted to tackle an issue that may have been on folk's mind. The possibility that cell phone numbers would soon be available to the evil marketing people (err, if you're one of those people and you're reading this entry, my bad.) Or maybe not as I later concluded that it was likely an urban legend.

Post 25. I hit a low point health wise when I wrote that. I relive my agonizing blood pressure issues and even started keeping track of my BP on my blog. Talk about TMI.

Post 33. I speak about my triumphant return to the gym after my health issues. I also lament on my tax issues. Speaking of tax issues, I forgot to mention an update on my dad's tax issues. It wound up being a mistake made by the IRS. They thought my dad made $50 grand in his mutual fund as opposed to him moving his $50 grand to another fund. To boot, they owed him another $160.

Post 37. I post about urban legends that are floating on the Internet. There's also a lovely picture of a dog after her bout with a porcupine.

Post 42. My dad has a health issue. It's at times like these that family gets closer to get through the issue.

Those are just a sampling on the different items that have graced my blog. I hope to still be able to share my world every now and then. The high moments and the low moments. The alpha and the omega. The tit and the tat. Heh.

Thank you all for reading my ramblings. If my posts are incoherent at times, know that I'm doing it strictly for therapy. Ohhh...and congrats to Bernard & Ms. Holiday on their weblog awards for best LGBT blog and New Blog rewards respectively. Also way to go Humanity Critic for cleaning out the rest of the categories. Heh.

Sigh...I gotta get my butt to work. No time for procrastination today. I got a 9AM meeting. And oh my gosh, it's 8:20AM. Guess it's too late for that...*LOL*.

p.s. Jamal Franklin, if you're reading this, please email me. It's kinda important. Thanks!

8 Comments:

Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Um, sorry - just getting to this post...am I still supposed to be e-mailing you?

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

PS - congrats on your 50th post!

12:00 AM, September 08, 2005  
Blogger Rose said...

Congrats on your 50th post. I am going to backread some of them. Some great titles.

12:01 AM, September 08, 2005  
Blogger E said...

Jamal...Actually we've pretty much took care of it this morning (I'll wait for your follow-up)...thanks for your quick response..:-)

Rose...thanks for the congrats and thanks for the props on the titles..:-)

12:12 AM, September 08, 2005  
Blogger Meadow said...

Congratulations!

8:35 AM, September 08, 2005  
Blogger Harold Gibson said...

And my how you have grown. It's getting bigger and better all the time. I am talking about the blog. Congratulations.

8:38 AM, September 08, 2005  
Blogger Clay said...

congrats on the 50 posts -- and thanks for the overview for those that werent around for the others.

11:20 AM, September 08, 2005  
Blogger HOLIDAY N said...

Look at you with the 50 posts,congratz.Wow a bunch of us bloggers all started around the same time.I have been reading some of your old stuff like it was the new Jackie Collins and you really are on a journey..some people just blog to blog and some people you could see changes and growth,you've really gotten comfortable with us and I'm loving it.

4:23 PM, September 09, 2005  
Blogger TLO said...

congrats, my mind wonders if a friend would stumble apon my blog, but what can I actually do.

10:54 PM, September 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home