Saturday, August 27, 2005

Loose Parts

I wanted to give a car update. I had mentioned that my car conked out on me at a Citgo gas station. Based on my past problems, I was suspecting that something was wrong with my alternator. It turned out to be a loose positive cable connection. They charged me $100 for labor, anyway. Capitalism at its best...*LOL*.

I had them fix my blower motor for my A/C and heat while I had my car there and then they said that my front rotors were warped & needed to be replaced. My total cost: $712. That put a hurting on a brother...:-/ To top it off, I know I could've saved at least $20 on the blower motor if I got it myself online. Of course, if I found a blower in the junkyard, I'd save even more...*LOL*.

4 Comments:

Blogger SGL CafĂ©.com said...

I don't own a car at the moment (it sucks too)... but I don't miss the mechanical problems that go with it.

I once started dating a guy strictly because he could fix anything on a car ... and my Trans Am was constantly in need of care.

Hey, I did what I had to do. Labor's expensive.

I'm telling you though, find yourself a cute gay mechanic ... break him off a little something e'ry now and then, then you only have to pay for parts. :o)

10:48 AM, August 28, 2005  
Blogger The Foxybrown Show said...

One to grow on but glad you are back up and running!

Happy Monday!

10:08 AM, August 29, 2005  
Blogger Tim said...

Wow...$712. Ah, the life and times of a vehicle owner. :)

I got sick of my old car having issues and I did what any responsible person would do...I traded it in. LOL

11:25 AM, August 29, 2005  
Blogger Marz said...

WHY DO I WANT A CAR AGAIN? ( Oh yeah, so I don't have to deal with transit issues.)

I keep joking with my friends that it's 2006, and we should be able to fly by now. BUT I'M STARTING TO GET SERIOUS. Someone needs to find a way for humans to fly, elminate cars altogether.




-Marz

10:26 PM, February 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home