Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I Get So Emotional, Baby!

So Emotional - sung by Whitney Houston

"I get so emotional baby
Everytime I think of you
I get so emotional baby
Ain't it shocking what love can do"

Start of Interruption!!!! Before I get to the next segment of 'what's wrong with eric g. today?', I have to say woo hoo! Okay, why? I was elated because a stock that I got into on Friday, shot up over 20%, netting me a $260 gain. See...I lose money one day and get it back just as quick. Cool-io! End of Interruption!!!!

Ain't it shocking that I've mentioned Whitney twice in two days? It's shocking what an addiction to Being Bobby Brown will do to you. I miss BBB already. I so can't wait until the DVDs. Heh.

Hemingway, the reason I'm focusing on those particular lyrics is because I tend to get overly emotional about a lot of things. Fortunately it's not because of love. At least that hasn't happened yet.

Sometimes my emotions are work related. For example, there was this old time lady (meaning she's been with the company over 20 years) who has the annoying habit of making snide comments to you in the guise of acting sweet. I'll call her Pickaninny. Stuff like..."Ohh, I like that shirt, though it look like a dog threw up in it." or "I can help with that but I'm sure you wouldn't want any help from me." I was forced to work on a project with Pickaninny three years ago. It was one of those six month to a year long projects. I remember too that she would always try to schedule her meetings at the same time I scheduled mine. I finally call her on her shit and she's like.."Ohh, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to cut on your time." Bitch, please. (See, my emotions are going off just thinking about it. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe In. Breathe Out. *LOL*.) Then one time I forwarded the meeting items to everyone beforehand to print and Pickaninny says to me, "Sorry I'm late, but I had to print out handouts since you didn't provide any to the group." I acted nonchalant and said, "Are you trying to tell me something?" She left it alone after that.

I'm the kind of person who shows my emotions but keeps my opinions to myself. I remember when I told my sis "Trina" about Pickaninny, she told me she would've straight up cussed her out. See, that's why I love my sister! She cuts through the B.S. and nips shit in the bud. But not me. I would make faces at the bitch and she'd know she would irritate me but that pushed her buttons and made her go at it more. It's too bad I wasn't brave enough to say..."At least I'm not a fat overweight cow like you." or "Bitch, unless you got something constructive to say, leave me the fuck alone." Honestly I don't know if that approach would've worked either. I might find myself in H.R. a lot. But there has to be some balance. I was happy as hell when she left the project mid-way for another project. Unfortunately you do have to work with these people, even if they get on your last nerve. If I quit everytime someone annoyed me, I'd be looking for a new job every week.

Then I get emotional when jerks like Vince play around with me. I remember feeling so hurt when he told me to 'have a nice life'. It was a blow to me, especially since I really enjoyed the brief time I spent with him. Then when he tried to snare me in a bootycall, I got angry. Who does he think I am? Does he think I'm so hard-up, that I'd give it to him at a moment's notice? I may be hard-up but I ain't that hard-up. Heh.

But why do I get emotional over someone I hardly knew? Why should I care? I think I get put off by the action that's taken but then instead of moving on to the next issue, I ponder it in my mind and wonder what I could've done differently. It then leads me to overanalyze and then when I think of the other possibilities, it affects me mentally and gets me upset. It is good to review what went wrong sometimes, but I have to learn when to let go.

Then I get pissy over the little things. You know...Why didn't that co-employee wash his hands after taking a dump? (There are some nasty, nasty people working at my job. That's why I always open the door with a hand towel.) Why did that idiot flick his/her cigarette out the car window? You know, stuff I can't control...*LOL*.

"Let go, let God!" That's a phrase that I heard in my Church a couple years ago. Basically it's another way of saying the following common prayer...

"God, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I can not change, Courage to change the things I can,and Wisdom to know the difference."

I think I'm still trying to figure out the difference. Maybe once I do, I'll get better control of my emotions and don't let stuff get to me so much.

I'll get there eventually. I'm sure of it.

5 Comments:

Blogger KneeDeep said...

We all get emotional at times, but some of us never will let you see it...Great blog.

KD

11:52 PM, August 30, 2005  
Blogger Harold Gibson said...

I really enjoy your writing style, it has an accessible tone to it. Plus I really needed this reminder this morning. "Let Go Let God"

Peace

5:54 AM, August 31, 2005  
Blogger The Foxybrown Show said...

Everyone has the right to be emotional.

It's all good...It's also WHY Wednesday!

7:14 AM, August 31, 2005  
Blogger Tim said...

Thanks for the spiritual reminder. I think I needed it this morning man.

To further go on what lady in satin said about Whitney, she doesn't look like a crack head, she IS a crack head (sorry if I ruffled anybody's feathers)

9:20 AM, August 31, 2005  
Blogger Marz said...

I think if you have work issues, you can talk to the people but with less conflcting words. (No bitch and fuck and what not. LOL)

I think people should have a balance of their emotions. Not only the plethora that exist, but how they show them. They shouldn't be all bottled up, but shouldn't be overly emotional.


-Marz

10:47 PM, February 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home