Sunday, September 23, 2007

Biz Interlude

Eugene and I got into a conversation about Lady T. We both were admiring a lot of her songs. I recalled that Sally and I went to a concert she had years back at House of Blues. If I had to pick one hit song that stood out for me by Lady T, it would have to be Square Biz.

"I've been called Casper, Shorty, Lil� Bit
And some they call me Vanilla Child
But you know that don't mean my world to me
'Cause baby, names can't cramp my style
[I love chick-icken] And Buff�s collard greens
A little hot water corn bread
I love you too Cat daddy
But don't you let that go to your head
That's what I'm talking, baby
Square Biz, Square Biz

You know I love spirituals and rock
Sarah Vaughn, Johann Sebastian Bach
Shakespeare, Maya Angelou
And Nikki Giovanni just to name a few
Well, I'm wild and peaceful Lady Tee
I got to keep my irons in the fire, you see
I got the point, the scam, the low, the deal
What you feel, say what "

Now I know that was the jam back in the day. I found the song on YouTube, of course. Enjoy while I get Part III of my New York trip together.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger yet another black guy said...

Teena is still crazy nice live on stage. she just needs to find better material for her albums.

1:48 AM, September 25, 2007  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

UGH - I am sooo not a fan of Teena Marie - i try, lawd knows I try - but...it just doesn't work.

3:28 PM, September 25, 2007  
Blogger Rodney said...

My fave Lady T song is "I'm Gonna Have My Cake and Eat Too."

6:31 PM, October 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home