Friday, June 30, 2006

Travel Wire

In less than 24 hours, I'll be in the Charlotte area. Likely I'll be attending the WNBA game where Charlotte plays Sacremento at the Bobcats Arena. I actually got a good seat at the lower level. The seat is close to the front. Too bad it's not being televised...I might've recorded it in case they caught me in some screenshots. I imagine WNBA games don't sell as well as NBA but nonetheless I'm stoked as it's my first WNBA game. I've of course seen the Bulls at United Center last year & years before that I saw the Bulls in Milwaukee.

Beyond that, I'm pretty much playing it by ear how I spend my time. I do have an acquaintance down there that I may hang out with briefly but otherwise my time will mostly be my own. I do know I'll be hitting the Bally's there and I usually make a trip to a local Border's and find a travel book to get ideas for restaurants and nightspots (if I'm so inclined) to hit.

Since I'm thinking about possibly moving there next year, I do want to spend some time driving around the different neighborhoods to get a feel for the real estate. If I do move, though, I'll likely move into an apartment first & spend that year seriously looking. That way, I'm not rushed into getting a home I may not like.

I'm a bit bummed that I won't see Ladynay but I'll likely be visiting again later in the year just to get another feel for the area. So hopefully we'll meet then. I mean, I can't make a decision in one weekend, right?

I so need to pack. I need to get a quick workout in too. I have clothes to wash. I need to get a good night's sleep. So much to do, so little time.

Maybe the hotel I'm staying at will have an internet kiosk so I can check in. Otherwise I probably won't be posting again until after July 4th.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Marz said...

HAVE FUN!!!!


I hope Charlotte is good for you, so you can move there when you quit and all that.



-Marz

6:42 PM, July 01, 2006  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Charlotte is so much closer than Chi town! :-( My girlfriend is moving to the Chi so I may see yah even if you don't make NC your home. I am on a mission to see the guy behind the laidback voice! *wink*

Safe travels babe!

7:22 PM, July 01, 2006  
Blogger BuddahDesmond said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy the holiday weekend!

7:36 PM, July 01, 2006  
Blogger Cash S. said...

You can't leave, we just met!

11:59 PM, July 01, 2006  
Blogger princessdominique said...

You need to stop thru the Triangle!

2:12 PM, July 02, 2006  
Blogger Rose said...

Sounds like you are going to have a good time...happy Fourth of July....enjoy

11:04 PM, July 02, 2006  
Blogger Clay said...

hope yoy are enjoying yourself!

clay

2:59 PM, July 04, 2006  
Blogger BK said...

well I hope you had a great trip.. I'm waiting for details and pictures.. :)

7:43 AM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger Ya boy Maurice said...

Take me with you and We can move in together LOL...

3:35 PM, July 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home