Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Charlotte's Web

Sally and I had a lot to chat about after my revelation to her a few weeks back. One of those things was where we saw ourselves living in the future. Neither of us seemed to see much of a future in Chicago. Basically we don't have any ties (meaning men...*LOL*) that's keeping us here.

She told me that she was thinking about living in Vegas. She's been there a couple times and really enjoyed it. She's planning on going there with her sister on Thursday. It's her way of treating her sister, who hasn't taken much time for vacations being a single Mom.

Vegas is cool. I'm actually thinking about flying there for my birthday this year. I even thought about living there but didn't think Vegas and I would be a good fit.

I told Sally that the south was calling my name, specifically Charlotte, NC. I haven't even been to the area but I was basing my opinions on the positive feedback I've read and heard about it.

It's an up and coming metropolis that according to some quick stats, there's over half a million folks living in Charlotte. It's about four hours Northeast of Atlanta. The major highways are I-77 and I-85. The name of their transit system is CATS.

I've heard nothing but good things so far about the city. It's no Atlanta or Chicago obviously, but it's a progressive city. They are experiencing a population boom and I have a feeling it'll continue for a few more years.

I decided to purchase a ticket and check Charlotte out for myself. I head down there on the 1st for the 4th of July weekend.

Oh well...let me get ready to head to Sally's. Tonight is our Madonna concert.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cash S. said...

So you're going to miss the Taste of Chicago?

Have fun at the concert!

1:38 PM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Charlotte is a wonderful city, and at least the weekend that you chose is the 2nd Annual Charlotte Black Gay Pride Weekend.

9:30 PM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger Soldier said...

Madonna... i heard the show is worth the cash, i hope u'll have a good time.
I might see her in Paris at the end of august, we'll see...

Go to NC, at least for a few months so i cane come visit the city, never been there. After that u can relocate again if u wanna LOL

10:21 PM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger Marz said...

(Karamale is so exotic going to PAris like it's the next county or something.)


HEMINGWAY, (yes it's contagious) I think you might want more than a few days to decide if you're moving down there. But it could be the fresh start you need aftr quitting your job next year. WHO KNOWS? Leases aren't forever. GO FOR IT!!!


-Marz

5:09 PM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Karamale said...

lol, marz...that's soldier going to paris, but don't that pretentious shit sound like something i'd say? (grinning at soldado)

anyway, e...stoked to see you rolling down to scope the place out before making a decision. means that you aren't the type to talk about doing something and never make a move toward it.

6:54 PM, June 15, 2006  
Blogger Soldier said...

You guys are crazy ! i'm french, how exotic can it be to go back home ? lol

12:40 AM, June 17, 2006  
Blogger BK said...

*waiting on Madonna details*.. and why not come to the DC Area :) you can hang out with me LOL *ok shameless plug* but errr Charlotte is very nice and definitely booming..

9:37 AM, June 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home