Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Shaka Shocked

While in Detroit, my Dad flipped to ABC to watch their coverage of the FIFA World Soccer Games. To tell you the truth, I don't know why I'm not a regular watcher of soccer. The game has plenty of intrigue and lots of action. Also unlike football (which is actually what soccer is in Europe...futbol), the rules of soccer are easy to understand. Plus some of the guys playing actually are nice eye candy for viewing. You can see the fire in their eyes as the minutes roll by and they desperately seek making as many goals as possible.

The game we were watching was Sweden vs. Trinidad & Tobago. Sweden was heavily favored to win against first time in the finals Trinidad & Tobago. But T&T didn't give in as easily as the Swedes thought, even with one man less on their side.

I naturally was rooting for the T&T underdogs. I found myself cheering each time T&T got close to making a goal and groaning when they missed. I was estactic when goalie Shaka Hislop blocked each and every one of Sweden's numerous attempts at making a goal.

The game wound up being a draw with each team picking up a point.

ABC was passing one of their money making polls via T-Mobile asking who was the "Man of the Game" (or something like that). Shaka wound up winning hands down.

The whole team definitely deserves credit for their victory. However, Shaka ultimately gave his all and was pivotal in preventing a Sweden victory.

As I looked at Shaka, I couldn't help but notice how handsome and hot he is. Even more amazing is that based on his bio, it appears that he's 37 years old. The way he was playing, I thought he was in his 20s. He definitely doesn't look 37. He's around 6"4, weighing in around 220 pounds.

Hemingway I'm going to have to record some of their future games. It appears that their next game will be on the 15th against England, the current leader in their group. Here's hoping they hold their own against England. Hopefully I'll get to see Shaka in action again. Yum.

5 Comments:

Blogger Soldier said...

Shaka, great goal.

E! are you doin this on purpose to become my bestest friend ? LOL
WATCH THE WORLD CUP MAN !
Everybody should...

I wish i was getting paid to watch that thing, i would be so damn rich by next tuesday

12:51 AM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger GermanChocolateGirl said...

whew! what a man.

1:08 AM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger Cash S. said...

Dang, he is cute! I'm sure there is plenty of eye candy on the soccer field.

I can't wait till the next olympics though. Those guys that run track in those skimpy body suits are to die for!

9:20 AM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger BK said...

Haa.... E.. I got something special for you in your email.. some pictures from when the trini boys arrived in germany.. LOL lemme find out.. behave now!!! :)

9:11 AM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

i watched Trini vs Sweden to while getting a manicure and was BLOWN at the fact they dont wear HELMETS..i was like OUCH that must hurt.........

2:08 PM, June 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home