Sunday, June 04, 2006

Piven & Me

Since I first saw Jeremy Piven on Ellen, I had the biggest crush on him. The things I remembered liking about him was his voice, general style, and body. He just had this charisma about him whenever he appeared on screen. He kept me riveted to the screen and I would eagerly wonder what words or actions would come next. I always wondered if I'd get to see him shirtless. He was just so cute.

I even remember his short lived series Cupid. Apparently even though that show didn't last, it endeared him in the hearts of many, gay men included I'm sure.

He's now starring in the popular HBO series Entourage. I'm too cheap to get HBO but if I did, I'd so be Piven's bitch. Hmmm....I see that Season 1's already released with Season 2 just moments away. I so need to acquaint myself with the show.

Something about Piven always pinged my faulty gaydar. Apparently mine wasn't the only one that was being pinged. One blogger in her open letter to Piven expressed concern that he bought his Mom as his date at the Globes last year (that's so sweet) and how that might be construed in Hollywood. He later assured everyone that he wasn't gay. But I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he made some kind of announcement years from now.

But I definitely don't want to be adding fuel to that speculation since Sally told me that everyone knows I'm gay. Basically I'm a walking advertisement. No matter what I do, people just know. Actually my personal situation made me think about Piven and hence this entry.

Gay or not, Piven is definitely a hottie. It seems he even has a Chicago connection. He was raised in Evanston, IL. He is said to have a place in downtown Chicago. Scavenger hunt anyone? *LOL*

I look forward to reacquainting myself with his work, even if he did play an overly flambouyant gay guy in Rush Hour 2. Speaking of Rush Hour, Part 3 is slated to come out sometime in 2007.

12 Comments:

Blogger That Dude Right There said...

He's ok. If he were about 5 shades darker he would be hot!

10:47 PM, June 04, 2006  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

GREAT PICS OF J-Piv! I love him too. I have since Ellen too. He is so hot in that weird and quirky way.
I blog about him often also.

I also live in a Chicago Burb!

6:30 AM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

I feel ya on HBO though......I have heard such great things about Entourage so i might hafta peep that one day

8:43 AM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger K. said...

He's pretty cute, in that "white boy" sorta way. ;)

8:51 AM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger Cash S. said...

Hmmm, interesting!

9:01 AM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger Ya boy Maurice said...

He has the possibility of being Family.

3:31 PM, June 06, 2006  
Blogger Marz said...

SO what he's white? (Rolling eyes)

Ne ways, you have to get a niece or nephew to fake about to die and call the make a wish, ask for him and then when you meet him see if something sparks. (just saying. LOL)


-Marz

12:32 PM, June 07, 2006  
Blogger Doll Face said...

I had a weakness for him in Serendipity - very cute, but no Wentworth Miller ;-)

2:17 AM, June 08, 2006  
Blogger K Kaos said...

Piven is hot, I concur. Entourage is a damn good show too!~

10:47 PM, June 08, 2006  
Blogger ~HoustonNY~ said...

I second, third, forth and 20th that sentiment. I have always liked Jeremy. He is also one of the most stylish guys in Hollywood!

6:21 PM, June 09, 2006  
Blogger Rose said...

He's nice looking...

12:40 AM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger Esther Kustanowitz said...

OK, here's the plan: if he's gay, you can have him, and if not, then I get him. Okay?

And btw, just to let you know, I've updated my website, so I'm now at http://myurbankvetch.com. Stop by again, as I will be writing to Jeremy more as the months go by, I suspect.

5:01 PM, September 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home