Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sucky Old Poetry

Marlon mentioned in one of his entries how his poetry sucks. But then he proceeded to write a damn good poem. I was taking a trip down memory lane and found a truly horrendous poem I wrote at some point in high school about High School. I must've been crazy when I wrote that. Considering what I went through during that time, I actually wrote a very sappy piece on my fellow classmates. Maybe I was projecting what I wished high school was like. In my defense, I think I was a freshmen when I wrote that crap.

I can truly say that this poem is hokey and I cringe just looking at it. But I want to share it to prove that I, not Marlon, deserve the title for sucky poet.

Brace yourselves. Here it is.

Tuesday, April 7, 1987

Dear Journal,

(A hokey intro you don't need to see...*LOL*)

High School

High school is a place for mature teenagers
Not for those who act like 1st graders
It's a place for learning, a place for caring
A place for loving, a place for sharing
Where teachers give an education
To prepare us all for graduation
High school should be an enjoyable time
Cause it's only once in a lifetime

Freshmen come in happily and eagerly (on what fucking planet...*LOL*)
Not knowing how to behave properly
Some are very nice
While others should be put on ice
There are times when they're the scapegoats of the school
Making teachers think that they're the fools

Sophomores stil keep to their Freshmen ways
Sometimes being more dreadful on certain days
Popularity sometimes is the major plus
Without it, life may be a major bust
Reputations in, studies are out
This motto seems to spread all about

Juniors by now mature quite a bit (I'm gagging as I type this...*LOL*)
But keep old habits well lit
Classes are a bit harder
Even for those that are smarter
At this point, we're closer to Senior Year
This thought makes all cheer

Seniors think of graduation
Senioritis starts its infiltration
Hectic classes leave little relaxation
Because of stiff competition for Valedictorian (I wound up 3rd in GPA - so close yet so far...*LOL*)
By graduation you keep your head (barely)
And then wonder where all the time went

All I can say is I'm glad that Big Marz is repping for the high schoolers now...:-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Superstar Nic said...

I love reading your blog...everytime I come here you make me laugh and that's exactly what I needed tonight before I go to bed.

Good night!

9:51 PM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger Marz said...

EWW Don't have me repping them. That's like making R. Kelly rep the black race. (LOL. it's definitely a misrepresentation. but I get where you're coming from and thank you.)

First stanza is so false in my standards. NO ONE IS MATURE. (LOL)

Freshman are so hype and loud, and they dress really bad.

Sophomores are just as slow, but they can dress somewhat better, and they start having more sex than they did as freshmen. ( exceopt me of course. LOL)

junior year is SO ROUGH, but fun. You know everyone, they know you. You know who to stay away from who to talk to, but the kids are still immature.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SENIOR YEAR. It's going to be such a breeze I'm only going to have three classes and only one will be hard ( AP English YES.)

Gyea it's (really)sappy, but I like it.

-Marz

11:39 AM, March 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home