Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The Midas Touch

HAPPY 2009 Everyone!!!


Another year, another chance for renewal. It's that time of year when a lot of us make resolutions to do things differently this year. In my case it's no different. I have the typical resolutions to continue to stay healthy and trying to enjoy life even more. I've slipped a bit on my working out sessions but I'm working to try and get those back on track, much like everyone else around this time. I'm actually doing yet another cleanse. I'm about halfway done with it.

I'm back on the dating scene as well. Actually there's this guy that I've chatted with and befriended a few months back that I hooked up with on New Year's Day. On paper, he's (let's call him Midas) got a lot of qualities that I like. Lookswise Midas is like an Adonis. He's 6-foot, 295 lbs. He is one of those guys that carries his weight very well. Sort of like Young MC when he made his appearance on Celebrity Fit Club a few years back. Young MC if I recall was 275 pounds but IMHO looked very hot. Midas has very broad shoulders, nice big hands, nicely shaped thighs and calves. His face is very handsome as well. Personality wise, Midas seems to have a heart of gold. In our conversations, he comes across as being the one that tends to help his friends out in a bind. He's mentioned running errands to pick up items for his close friends. He also mentioned the time he went with a friend to pick up his car at the impound after it got towed at 3am. And then when said friend didn't have the money to pay and get his car out, he paid for it himself. He even offered to pick me up from the train station when I got back from Detroit over the holidays when I worried that I might miss the last Metra. Basically he likes helping folks out that are in a jam.

But I'm definitely taking things slow. Midas and I continue to chat with each other every now and then since our hooking up. Who knows where it'll go?

As for Rock, we've been maintaining friendly terms. But I noticed that since prior to New Year' s Eve, we haven't spoken. I know this New Year's Eve was different since the last two New Year's Eve were spent chilling with Rock. This past one I actually took the CTA (which I had no idea was free on that day) to meet Sally at her friend's place. I was the only guy among a group of ladies but it was cool. When 2009 came in, I texted Rock to wish him a Happy New Year. He wished me the same and then I mentioned that I was hanging 'with friends', not specifying who the friends were. It's possible he may have drawn the conclusion that 'with friends' meant a guy. And maybe that's why he's been incognito. And actually he wasn't that far from the truth since later on after the party, I hooked up with Midas.

So Hemingway that's been my year so far. Here's hoping we all have a great 2009. I really need to get back to a regular blogging schedule. Till next time.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Harold Gibson said...

Best wishes on your new relationship. I hope it works out well for you.

6:08 PM, January 07, 2009  
Blogger BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

Well at least you didn't sit home alone on New Year's Day. I'm glad you decided to not let a monkey stop your show. Now go and get your Gold Member!! Yeah baby!!

9:37 PM, January 07, 2009  
Blogger That Dude Right There said...

Well allright E! You got a good one this time!!

1:48 PM, January 11, 2009  
Blogger Darius T. Williams said...

Awww - it's over? But that's okay cuz this tall thick juicy guy you're talking about sounds hot!

8:47 AM, January 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home