Thursday, November 27, 2008

This Work Thing



This JEM video (especially the pic of JEM falling from the sky) pretty much sums up my work situation! I've been practically working 24/7 this last month or so. I have to be up at 6AM for daily 6:30AM status meetings on my project (including weekends). Then I have to catch up with work from the project in between answering other queries and other meetings throughout the day. Then I get a two hour reprieve in the evening before dialing into a daily 8:30PM meeting. Then afterwards I have to stay on for an hour or so (usually longer) afterwards to advise our offshore on tasks for the night. I go to bed close to midnight only to start the vicious cycle again. I've even had to work on weekends as well.

My business user (or abuser as I like to call him) is insane. He even wanted to have a meeting this morning (on Thanksgiving, a company holiday), which he still did have with our offshore. But my new manager (can't remember if I gave her a nickname or not) put her foot down and let the abuser know that E was taking time off so he could be with his family. She also let him know that I had worked the last four weekends and needed somewhat of a break. As a compromise, I will check in with our onshore rep from time to time during the next few days while I'm in Detroit just to see how things are going and if there's any issues that come up. I like my new manager. She's tough but fair.

It's a nightmare. So I actually have a day off today (it is Thanksgiving...*LOL*) but I'm late for a road trip to Detroit. I need to run to the store and buy a few items for my Mom before leaving. So I thought I'd take two minutes to quickly update my blog.

And yes I need to blog about the rest of my Hawaii trip before I forget the nuances. Luckily I took a lot of pictures so I think that'll jog my memory some.

Hemingway Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger BuddahDesmond said...

That's insane! When do you get any rest? When do you get to recover? Relax, relate, release, regroup...? LOL! Hope you had a very Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your time off.

7:20 PM, November 28, 2008  
Blogger Ty said...

Yeah, you seem to be really busy. Listen to the song "Take Time" by Ledisi

12:45 PM, November 29, 2008  
Blogger Ladynay said...

I hope all this darn near 24/7 schedule comes with a very nice pay check!

3:42 PM, December 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home